Mark Clattenburg: Premier League drop referee after..

Gaz52

Ed Sheeran gig :lol:

Top-flight referee Mark Clattenburg has been dropped from officiating this weekend for two breaches of protocol.

He broke Premier League code to speak on the phone to Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock after the West Brom draw.

The 39-year-old then left the ground alone to drive to Newcastle to watch pop star Ed Sheeran in concert.

The referee body, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited, says officials must travel to and from the ground together for integrity and security.

Premier League rules state that all officials must be present during a conversation with a manager, which means an official cannot make or take calls from club managers away from the ground.

I'm trying to imagine anything more twatty than Mark Clattenburg at an Ed Sheeran gig. Like, imagine somebody has dragged you to an Ed Sheeran gig you're looking around thinking "fucksake, what am I doing here?" and then you see Mark Clattenburg and he's mouthing all the words and you just want to die.

I'm trying to imagine anything more twatty than Mark Clattenburg at an Ed Sheeran gig. Like, imagine somebody has dragged you to an Ed Sheeran gig you're looking around thinking "fucksake, what am I doing here?" and then you see Mark Clattenburg and he's mouthing all the words and you just want to die.

I like Ed Sheeran :(