Zelalem To Extend Deal

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain Zelalem will succeed in the game but I think we got him a year too early.

He can probably recycle possession all day long but that is not a problem we will have in this league whether he is in the team or not. I just think that both Law and Shiels can offer more goal threat and are stronger in the tackle (yes, even Law). He will end up a better player than either of them but that doesn't help us right now.

(tu)

The midfield has a far better balance, and an increased goal threat when Law or Shiels play.

theres been a definite change in attitude to zalelam. When he first came in everybody was raving about him - you couldn't say a bad word about him on here. I mentioned that after a game or two he hadn't really done enough to justify taking Laws place and was accused of basically being insane.

I dont buy the whole 'has done fuck all' just because he doesnt score a couple of screamers every game. I tend to watch the games back 2-3 times as its hard to look at players properly when you dont know the outcome. He is a very good player with an incredible eye for a pass.

Good player. For his age he looks great. I'm confident he'll improve throughout the season. I'm hoping he'll be an option for bringing back next season where he can continue his development at a higher level. Loans are going to be important for us.

If he was signed permanently to us and this was his debut season at 18 we'd be raving about him being the next Barry Ferguson.

The boy is class, he's just a bit skinny and can build his strength. He will become more commanding and vocal as he gets experience. Destined to be a quality player.

If he was signed permanently to us and this was his debut season at 18 we'd be raving about him being the next Barry Ferguson.

The boy is class, he's just a bit skinny and can build his strength. He will become more commanding and vocal as he gets experience. Destined to be a quality player.

sorry but thats pure pish, barry ferguson in his first proper season under wee dick was dominating the SPL and the likes of bayern leverkusen etc in europe

zelalem was bullied out of a league cup tie by st johnstone and has been found wanting in our big championship games, he's not even close to showing the dominant stature that barry ferguson showed at the same age

If we look at all of the outfield players who have played a total of 90 minutes or more this season and give them a point for every goal or assist they have contributed so far, Zelalem comes 13th out of 17 for productivity per minute played.

He has produced one goal or assist for every 270 minutes played.

There is without doubt a player in there but he's not producing enough right now, in my opinion.

If we look at all of the outfield players who have played a total of 90 minutes or more this season and give them a point for every goal or assist they have contributed so far, Zelalem comes 13th out of 17 for productivity per minute played.

He has produced one goal or assist for every 270 minutes played.

There is without doubt a player in there but he's not producing enough right now, in my opinion.

going on that he is the opposite of a "moneyball" player.

Barry wasn't dominating games when he was 18/19.

He didn't become a regular player for us until he was 20, before that it was the odd game here and there.

We have to remember this kid is 18 years old.

barry might well have been dominating games at that age, given he was literally thrown into the team by advocaat at 20 and comfortably ran the show in europe, and dont forget fergies training in his teens was under walter, so i wouldnt exactly class it technical etc

zelalem is indeed 18yo, but he's barely showing his talents against diddies nevermind better teams, and his training at arsenal will likely be way better than anything ferguson seen at his age

fact is fergie had the steel to make his talents shine, its all fine and good having talent pouring out your skin, but if you havent the balls to make it show in tough atmospheres then whats the point, zelalem has went missing too often at this time to warrant a first team place

sorry but thats pure pish, barry ferguson in his first proper season under wee dick was dominating the SPL and the likes of bayern leverkusen etc in europe

zelalem was bullied out of a league cup tie by st johnstone and has been found wanting in our big championship games, he's not even close to showing the dominant stature that barry ferguson showed at the same age

Ferguson was 2, possibly even 3 years older than Zelalem. And he was playing in a midfield with Gio, Albertz and Kanchelskis. He had Amo, Porrini, Moore and Numan behind him. It's a bit different.