Rangers Set To Introduce The Living Wage

eskbankloyal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly won't get the coverage that sellic's living wage musings have so far, despite the fact that they've still done fuck all yet.

No doubt when it does happen, it'll be with massive fanfare and the usual 'sellic, a club founded on charitable....' rubbish.

Nonetheless, it'll still be good news when they finally do.

Only 3% voted for it at their AGM last week

Loved the innocent way he introduced it into his interview and certainly gives the other side something to think about when claiming to be a charitable club.

Decency and honesty abound from Rangers FC just now and a good thing too.

I'm surprised we weren't already, can't think of any jobs I'd expect to pay less as all the lower paid roles seem to be contractors so their wage isn't rangers responsibility

It may not be Rangers' responsibility, but as we are implementing the living wage, requiring our contractors to do so as well would be a further step in the right direction.

Begs the question.

Do Celtic have a 'sporting advantage' by spending money on players, that they could not afford had they been paying their staff the living wage.

Begs the question.

Do Celtic have a 'sporting advantage' by spending money on players, that they could not afford had they been paying their staff the living wage.

You are correct, but Mr Dim, Mr Blind and Mr Bigoted will look at Mr Rangers and will explode in a rage of envy.

It may not be Rangers' responsibility, but as we are implementing the living wage, requiring our contractors to do so as well would be a further step in the right direction.

Of course, i'm not saying we should ignore it but what I'm saying is that given the jobs at the lower level are not our responsibility I would have expected us to already be a living wage employer as I couldn't think of an entry level role that isn't outsourced. I'd forgotten the ticket office though, I think they may be employed directly.

excellent news! good on the club.

It's brilliant we've decided to do that, but like someone else said we need to get rid of the tims. When I worked for Rangers it was hoaching with them.

I also sincerely hope we've not done it out of petty one upmanship?

Why on earth would any of them want to work for us? Are they truly that obsessed/mentally ill? I got offered work in their stadium a few years ago and absolutely refused it. I'd rather be unemployed and living on peanuts than step anywhere near that dump.