Do You Buy The Herald?

Bluefarm

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Archer was a smug git and one of those "trendy intellectual football fans" of the time who, along with Billy Connolly incidently, chose to take the allegedly higher moral ground of supporting "neutral" Partick Thistle instead of the Old Firm. His only other allegiance was to alcohol.

His colleagues at STV were the much more academic and knowledgable and able Bob Crampsey who supported Queen's Park, and Arthur Montford who supported Morton. At the time I believed that both favoured the Gers over cellic, but perhaps other posters will confirm or discount this.

Never ever buy any newspapers now, not even the English ones down here. I was in the Asda store at Ibrox today and was having a free peek at the Scottish rags, still the same old pish. Anyways there was a young guy punting the Gerald with the lure of a free hessian shopping bag, i told him no thanks i would never read that comic, not even a free peek, and use the bag to put over the Hags head. It went right over the young lads head, but i felt better for it.

Rangers fan my arse.

Says on the Scotsman website he was a lifelong Partick Thistle fan.

Back then most would say they were Thistle or Clyde just to , at least , seem neutral.

Now we have a different sort of journalist that just can't hide it.

Ian Archer was a smug git and one of those "trendy intellectual football fans" of the time who, along with Billy Connolly incidently, chose to take the allegedly higher moral ground of supporting "neutral" Partick Thistle instead of the Old Firm. His only other allegiance was to alcohol.

His colleagues at STV were the much more academic and knowledgable and able Bob Crampsey who supported Queen's Park, and Arthur Montford who supported Morton. At the time I believed that both favoured the Gers over cellic, but perhaps other posters will confirm or discount this.

I was told Bob Crampsey was more c....c orientated. Not that it matters , because he was one of the best , and fairest , out there. His knowledge in facts was unbelievable , be it on the radio or in his column Now You Know in the Evening Times .

Always came across as a decent sort of guy .

Pity there isn't more like him today .

I was told Bob Crampsey was more c....c orientated. Not that it matters , because he was one of the best , and fairest , out there. His knowledge in facts was unbelievable , be it on the radio or in his column Now You Know in the Evening Times .

Always came across as a decent sort of guy .

Pity there isn't more like him today .

Bob was headmaster of an apartheid school in Coatbridge so there would no doubt as to his background, but he never came across as bitter or partisan like most of the so-called journalists of the past few years. He was universally respected for his encyclopaedic knowledge of the game and his general demeanour. One of the good guys.

Bob was headmaster of an apartheid school in Coatbridge so there would no doubt as to his background, but he never came across as bitter or partisan like most of the so-called journalists of the past few years. He was universally respected for his encyclopaedic knowledge of the game and his general demeanour. One of the good guys.

worked beside one of his brothers the other one played in goal for Q.P. very religous man never once heard him mention religion had no time for either old firm apart from football never swore always pleasent .top bloke.