Rangers' Recent Goalscoring Record

Shuggy

I like to play with spreadsheets and in the light of talk about Rangers slowing down, I decided to graph the team's performance in terms of goals for and goals against. I began with the first three games of the season and basically worked out the average goals for and goals against over those three games. That was the first point on the graph. I then went to the next match and repeated the procedure, average out goals over last three games.

That produced the graph below.

20hate8.jpg

As you can see, there has been a general decline in goals scored while the goals against is more consistently flatlining. Note however that the recent trend has been going back up. Today's result is included.

Would actually be just as interested in chances created and shots on target over that period , as we know already it seems the one consistent thing we lack is players with ability to convert a high percentage of chances in to goals on a regular basis.

Would actually be just as interested in chances created and shots on target over that period , as we know already it seems the one consistent thing we lack is players with ability to convert a high percentage of chances in to goals on a regular basis.

Worth a go, I'll have to access the old match reports.