Holt

KingKirk

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKay and Halliday are easily good enough to compete against Brown, Forrest and Co. Miller is struggling physically these days and Wilson is just over confident, lazy and slack.

You are talking about lower league players up against fully established international footballers with European experience and multiple trophies and medals under their belts as well. Regardless of what we think of the Celtic team and their players, that is what they are. They are levels and levels above the likes of McKay and Halliday. Look at the mess St Johnstone made of Andy. He's nowhere near that level. If he wasn't a Rangers fan living the dream he would be getting hounded on here. As for McKay, i have no idea what people see in him. He does nothing.

"A Gallant Pioneer" seems to think the SPL is some sort of elite league, it's utter rubbish.

That's also true mate, but let's be honest, you can't actually say with any sincerity that McKay on his day is better than Forrest on his day? for example.

Celtic are pish - anyone that says otherwise is mental, but we still need a lot more than Halliday, Wilson, Holt, Miller, McKay etc to beat them to the title. I honestly think anyone that disagrees is really blinkered. No offence.

"A Gallant Pioneer" seems to think the SPL is some sort of elite league, it's utter rubbish.

That's just garbage, the SPL is rank rotten. Doesn't mean our squad of lower league players can swan in and take over. That isn't going to happen. We are nowhere near good enough.

That's also true mate, but let's be honest, you can't actually say with any sincerity that McKay on his day is better than Forrest on his day? for example.

Celtic are pish - anyone that says otherwise is mental, but we still need a lot more than Halliday, Wilson, Holt, Miller, McKay etc to beat them to the title. I honestly think anyone that disagrees is really blinkered. No offence.

This Rangers team have comfortably beaten almost everyone put in front of them this season. What more can you ask for?

This Rangers team have comfortably beaten almost everyone put in front of them this season. What more can you ask for?

To be in the next round of the league cup.

IMO for all we are doing well this season we are far from perfect. IMO we have failed in 2/3 of our big tests (St Johnstone at Ibrox and Hibs at Easter Road in the league) .. I'm unsure to include the Hibs game at Ibrox are we were dreadful, got out of jail with a stunning free-kick and should have lost the game if Hibs took a couple of thier chances.

Maybe I'm being unfair but it's just how I see it.

I don't often agree with Dave King but he had me applauding when he said we are still 5/6 top quality XI players away from regaining our proper place at the top of Scottish football. Anyone should be able to see that. It's not being negative or anything, it's being realistic and tad ambitious with a bit of direction.

To be in the next round of the league cup.

IMO for all we are doing well this season we are far from perfect. IMO we have failed in 2/3 of our big tests (St Johnstone at Ibrox and Hibs at Easter Road in the league) .. I'm unsure to include the Hibs game at Ibrox are we were dreadful, got out of jail with a stunning free-kick and should have lost the game if Hibs took a couple of thier chances.

Maybe I'm being unfair but it's just how I see it.

I don't often agree with Dave King but he had me applauding when he said we are still 5/6 top quality XI players away from regaining our proper place at the top of Scottish football. Anyone should be able to see that. It's not being negative or anything, it's being realistic and tad ambitious with a bit of direction.

Unfortunately it's the nature of cup football. Even when we were at our strongest we didn't reach the final of the cups every single season.

This squad has been together less than 6 months and will clearly get better so it's slightly unfair to criticise at this stage.

Unfortunately it's the nature of cup football. Even when we were at our strongest we didn't reach the final of the cups every single season.

This squad has been together less than 6 months and will clearly get better so it's slightly unfair to criticise at this stage.

I do get that mate but I'm just pointing out there's still a lot of room for improvement (in response to your what more do you want question)

100% correct - even if it is a bit negative, it's the truth.

We all just want the very best. Nothing wrong with that.

Warburton and the players after we beat Livingston 3-0 at Ibrox a few months ago said after the game there's an inquest. That level of performance even winning 3-0 was not acceptable. Everyone on here lapped up the attitude because we shouldn't rest on our laurals and always strive to be better.

Yet if someone makes the same point on here off their own back people round on them and call them spoiled or remind us how much worse it was under McCoist. It's mental.

I'm one of the first to say we should never be blindly positive and should always be looking to improve, some performances recently clearly haven't been good enough and raise questions.

But with the state the gardener and his chums left our footballing set up in it would have taken a miracle for us to build a finished article ready to challenge for the top flight without any further additions in this space of time. The manager and the chairman have both said the next couple of transfer windows will need to see us bring players in so its not like it isn't getting acknowledged, I just don't see the need for it to be brought up in near enough every thread like some posters seem to do.

Even if some of the players are really only good enough for the championship that's what we're in at the moment and where we still have a job to do. The manager is clearly building something for the long term and that's what we've been crying out for for so long, like anyone else he isn't above reproach but I think we should trust him.

Just because something is negative doesn't mean it's wrong. Kenny Miller isn't going to contribute anything next year, neither will Clark, Wilson is already a liability at this level, Halliday has been found wanting playing out of position, McKays contribution is minimal, we don't have many players who will be any use next year. The keeper, Kiernan and Waghorn arguably the only 3. Maybe Wallace if he ups his game, Tavernier if he can stop giving the ball away. That's about it. January and the summer are going to be absolutely huge for the club. We need a huge injection of real quality.

I'd argue every transfer window is huge for a club our size.

It's been said by the people in charge that we'll need more players to get back to where we were and I don't know how you were expecting anything else, did you think this one summer window just gone was ever going to be enough to build the finished article?

I think it's being harsh to say that all the players are only capable of playing in the Scottish Championship but even if that's true we're in this league at the moment with a job to do, we should focus on that rather than worrying too much about transfer windows that aren't here yet.

(tu)

As shite as they are, their squad is leagues ahead of ours.

I'd argue every transfer window is huge for a club our size.

It's been said by the people in charge that we'll need more players to get back to where we were and I don't know how you were expecting anything else, did you think this one summer window just gone was ever going to be enough to build the finished article?

I think it's being harsh to say that all the players are only capable of playing in the Scottish Championship but even if that's true we're in this league at the moment with a job to do, we should focus on that rather than worrying too much about transfer windows that aren't here yet.

They are, undoubtedly, but given where we are, the state we are in and where we will be going in the next 12 months, the next 2 are crucial. Possibly our most important ever. We have to get it right.

I don't know what you are assuming about me, i don't have a problem with what those in charge are saying. I never argued that, i agree with them 100%. I am not asking for or expecting the finished article. In fact i would bet my mortgage no one is expecting that. That's just stupid.

I didn't even say all the players either. I named the few i think should be good enough next year.

Ignoring what is around the corner is just stupid, and i am sure MW will agree, King and the board were putting building blocks in place for the future as soon as they took over, every football club at every level have to look ahead and plan, build and forecast. Accepting now that we have players who are not good enough going forward is essential as it gives the club time to organise getting rid of them and identify new players to come in. The world never stops.

I disagree that our squad is only championship level, it is clear as day that most if not all of our players should be playing at a higher level. Look at the players that left us last season to go on and play premiership football. Foster, Smith and Boyd.......I mean come on!

I disagree that our squad is only championship level, it is clear as day that most if not all of our players should be playing at a higher level. Look at the players that left us last season to go on and play premiership football. Foster, Smith and Boyd.......I mean come on!

Seriously? you are using them 3 somehow managing to get top flight clubs as an example?

Besides no-one's saying that our players couldn't get a top flight club. They could, easily. In fact most of them would walk into a lot of Championship clubs IMO. The debate is are they good enough to beat Celtic for the league?

They are, undoubtedly, but given where we are, the state we are in and where we will be going in the next 12 months, the next 2 are crucial. Possibly our most important ever. We have to get it right.

I don't know what you are assuming about me, i don't have a problem with what those in charge are saying. I never argued that, i agree with them 100%. I am not asking for or expecting the finished article. In fact i would bet my mortgage no one is expecting that. That's just stupid.

I didn't even say all the players either. I named the few i think should be good enough next year.

Ignoring what is around the corner is just stupid, and i am sure MW will agree, King and the board were putting building blocks in place for the future as soon as they took over, every football club at every level have to look ahead and plan, build and forecast. Accepting now that we have players who are not good enough going forward is essential as it gives the club time to organise getting rid of them and identify new players to come in. The world never stops.

I don't really disagree with the principle of anything you're saying there but it gets repetitive where every thread trying to be positive seems to involve you saying someone isn't good enough for the top flight or how bad the St Johnstone game was. There will be plenty of work going on looking to the future I think McParland's appointment confirmed that if nothing else.

But at the very least the squad this season haven't been lacking in commitment unlike the previous three seasons, I think they deserve our support and some positivity while we still have a job go do in the league, and as disappointing as the league cup defeat was we still have two other cups to play for.

Just because something is negative doesn't mean it's wrong. Kenny Miller isn't going to contribute anything next year, neither will Clark, Wilson is already a liability at this level, Halliday has been found wanting playing out of position, McKays contribution is minimal, we don't have many players who will be any use next year. The keeper, Kiernan and Waghorn arguably the only 3. Maybe Wallace if he ups his game, Tavernier if he can stop giving the ball away. That's about it. January and the summer are going to be absolutely huge for the club. We need a huge injection of real quality.

And a new high in pish spouted is reached. You should be proud.

Wallace and Tav not good enough for the top league in Scotland? McKay's contribution minimal (with the highest number of assists in our league this season)?

You truly know fuck all about football. We're shy in about 3 or 4 positions, not 8.

I agree with the poster above that Foddy and Kiernan would get in the Celtic team, who else would though?

I'd have Tav ahead of whatever useless RB they decide to play, but apart from that I'm struggling.

Tav ahead of 48 cap Swedish international Lustig? That's just silly.

I don't really disagree with the principle of anything you're saying there but it gets repetitive where every thread trying to be positive seems to involve you saying someone isn't good enough for the top flight or how bad the St Johnstone game was. There will be plenty of work going on looking to the future I think McParland's appointment confirmed that if nothing else.

But at the very least the squad this season haven't been lacking in commitment unlike the previous three seasons, I think they deserve our support and some positivity while we still have a job go do in the league, and as disappointing as the league cup defeat was we still have two other cups to play for.

Can't argue with that, nor would i want to. Spot on! (tu)

And a new high in pish spouted is reached. You should be proud.

Wallace and Tav not good enough for the top league in Scotland? McKay's contribution minimal (with the highest number of assists in our league this season)?

You truly know fuck all about football. We're shy in about 3 or 4 positions, not 8.

Aye, and you sure proved that. :lol: