Holt

KingKirk

Spot on (tu)

I remember being so shocked at the amount of luck they had that game in terms of second and third balls dropping, we pressed higher, looking to create and left the space for that O'Halloran to exploit, they never once outplayed us, they stuck to their game plan and it worked for them, Kiernan and the back 4 in general have learned from that night and looked far more solid as a result. Our play merited a win IMO, but we still didn't really carve them open enough to rue missed chances. A draw may have been a fair result.

Halliday is still learning that role too, so this year will be a test for him, especially since Eustace has left, that knowledge of the role to bounce ideas off isn't there and understanding only comes from playing games. And he's done superbly so far.

Looking forward, I can't recall a Rangers team being this well drilled, this well trained with the potential to dominate games start to finish. As far away as Europe is, I would love to see us up against a decent European team. I really think we'd be surprised at how good we look if both teams look to create and win the game.

Good post. I also think that we'd be surprised at how good we are when given space. We are up against teams that pack the defence and it isnt easy.. It isnt easy for the best of teams. We see, time after time, that as soon as teams open up a little bit, we destroy them.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic