Warburton Content With Strikeforce

CheckMateCharlie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu) agree with this.

i think most of us can see that we need someone else up front, and if we can then he can.

Genuinely can't see someone like the gaffer looking to the bench and thinking "Excellent we have Clark there" , no harm to Clark as he tries like fuck etc but he's not Rangers class and I'd be worried if he was someone Warburton was content to push on with.

While they are squad members he will talk them up and rightly so but I have no doubts he is looking to replace Clark, Aird, Temps etc.

Think this is the first time I don't actually agree with him, which is a good thing. Imo looking at the bench it looks absolutely dire, I wouldn't know who to take on to change the game. Out with the first eleven I don't think we have much quality and I think if we get any injuries bar the midfield because we have law and shiels there we could be struggling!

Even if players are having a dip in form we can't exactly take them off because of the lack of quality on the bench. One of the main positions I think we need is a striker and a CDM. A striker that is tall strong and has a good scoring record like the guy from Chelsea. I think the three players up front ain't scoring enough bar waghorn who I rate highly. I think he needs some help up there to take some of the pressure from him. There would be nothing worse than us not really strengthening in January while hivs do and then them beating us to automatic promotion, hopefully it won't come to that though!

I think he knows we have enough in the tank for this league but I also think he's a shrewd operator and will never show his hand.

He always does the double sub at around 60 minutes and although I thought taking holt off was a wrong decision it's kind of hard to argue against the final result.

I just worry that taking a player off when he's playing great can be the wrong decision especially if he does it during a match where the opposition are more in the game.

I also think he's instilling into players that subs are happening every game and players can't get upset about it as its all about doing your bit in the time you've been given.

W&W know a lot more than me so I do have trust in them to make the right decisions.

He speaks well in public and is fairly honest what his plans are etc but i believe he has targets in place for next season and maybe even beyond.

I think the Holt decision this time may have been with an eye on Tuesday as he puts in a gteat shift and over the past few weeks has been our strongest player IMO.

I think weve won a watch with our curent management team and weve got to remember they are still fairly new to football management.

I know most on here think Clark isn't good enough but I honestly believe with a run of games and a boost of confidence he'd actually be ok.

It's telling that the adjective you used was ok. It's a waste of time giving him a run of games just so he might become ok.

He's fine as a back up squad player just now but don't see him having a future at rangers

I know most on here think Clark isn't good enough but I honestly believe with a run of games and a boost of confidence he'd actually be ok.

Any game time that Clark gets should really be going to Hardie. Clark has had chance after chance and has shown he just doesn't have it.

I agree with Warburton Waghorn & Hardie must be the 2 central strikers. Miller is here for next season but that will be great for us in Old Firm games next season, I am sure he will rise to the occasion and score a double perhaps and show the rest of the team how to beat them and what it's all about. I would say Clark can finish but he feels like Mandzukic at Bayern, yes he can score if you give him a chance but is he the best for the team?

Our style of play will never change, he said. Were not going to be a team who launches a 60-yard ball to a 6ft5 centre forward. Thats not going to be our style, we wont be doing that. As long as I am here we wont be doing that."

:clap:

Whilst all good and well having a Plan A successful teams also have other go to plans if Plan A isn't working.

Whilst I agree that lumping the ball to a big centre forward should not be Plan A I have no problem with this being a variation of the tactics should the need arise.

Just look at the number of times goalkeepers are sent up for free kicks and corners when sides are desperate for a goal. If Schmeichel had stayed in his goal Ferguson would not have won his first European Cup.

I am very encouraged with what Warburton is doing with the football structure away from the first team. Indeed I have been more impressed with his 'Director of Football' actions than some of his first team managerial decisions and comments.

Rangers started the season fantastically well but there has been a few games where we have struggled and at times he has been found wanting with his team selections and rigid formation and tactics. Fortunately we are in the Championship and have won almost all of our games. Next season will not be so easy regardless of how poor we view the top league.

Bearing in mind where we were when he took over I would give him 7/10 to date. He has done well but we are still very much a work in progress and are still several players short.

Are you pissed?

No :rolleyes:, Clark can score headers and tap-ins like any striker, but my reference to Mandzukic was because like Clark - Mandzukic can score goals like that but didn't really fit in with the team playstyle at Bayern. Lewandowski (like Waghorn) is the striker who fits Bayerns (Our) playstyle (by being able to pass and also create goals himself) when Mandzukic (Clark) isn't, therefore took Bayern's strikeforce to the next level. We could play Clark every match this season, he might score goals, but he isn't the best fit for the team's style as much as Waghorn or Hardie are, or the best fit for the team imho. Which is why I referenced that situation at Bayern which is a bit similar.even though Mandzukic is obviously world class.

I suppose Clark gives us a plan B that so much yearn for .. but I agree with Warburton fully that Plan B is not an option

tl;dr Waghorn & Hardie contribute far more to the whole team, our play, and the future of Rangers more than Clark unfortunately, so are more likely to be the strikers for our future. Plus Hardie is much more likely to develop better if we give him a chance like I think Magic Hat is working towards, rather than try to keep him on the bench for years while playing Stevie May or something ..

Rangers started the season fantastically well but there has been a few games where we have struggled and at times he has been found wanting with his team selections and rigid formation and tactics.

Which games did we "struggle" in? IMO we've dominated just about every game so far this season bar one where we were shite for 45 mins and got deservedly punished.