Gazza And The Bike In The Trophy Room...

GOAT

The bike story has grown arms and legs over the years. It was defo 1975 as it is a 1970's bike. It is not even a racing bike - it's a touring bike with full mudguards, saddlebag rack, dynamo lights etc fitted. It's a low budget frame with low value components, so not really anything special. Looks very out of place in the trophy room.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bike story has grown arms and legs over the years. It was defo 1975 as it is a 1970's bike. It is not even a racing bike - it's a touring bike with saddlebag rack etc fitted. It's a low budget frame with low value components, so not really anything special. Looks very out of place in the trophy room.

Aye they should just chuck it out.

I think its great, its something unique and is a good talking point. I doubt anyone gives a shit how good the gears are.

The Albion was a car park when Gazza came to us. We trained at Jordanhill if I remember correctly as well as some other locations.

This Gazza story is probably just a joke which developed into a story. I expect the tour guide thought it was true.

As for the bike, it was a gift from St Etienne in 1957.

The bike story has grown arms and legs over the years. It was defo 1975 as it is a 1970's bike. It is not even a racing bike - it's a touring bike with full mudguards, saddlebag rack, dynamo lights etc fitted. It's a low budget frame with low value components, so not really anything special. Looks very out of place in the trophy room.

It was 1957 when we received the bike.

The incident with the 12 man opposition was Moscow Dynamo during their 1945 tour of the UK which we are celebrating just now.They had allowed substitutions and according to my late Dad, Torry Gillick noticed something going on and ran around counting the number of Dynamo players and came up with 12. It seems they had pulled the same trick against Arsenal in heavy fog :ohmy::D

Aye they should just chuck it out.

I think its great, its something unique and is a good talking point. I doubt anyone gives a shit how good the gears are.

It's obviously not worth anything or that cunt Whyte would have sold it

As with everything in the trophy room it is an important part of our history

It's obviously not worth anything or that cunt Whyte would have sold it

As with everything in the trophy room it is an important part of our history

Its pretty worthless to me too i cannae ride a bike