Gazza And The Bike In The Trophy Room...

GOAT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bike was given to Rangers in 1957 by St Etienne. It was apparently made by a local manufacturer and was presented as a symbol of the town of St Etienne. The bike was in storage until the Trophy Room opened a few years later. When we played St Etienne again in 1975 they gave us a French miner's lamp.

We trained at west of Scotland cc in Patrick then although we did occasionally use the Bella park the very odd time according to friends.

100% we didn't use the Albion in those days. Grew up in ibrox but went to school at hyndland. Used to get the subway across to partick and dogged school to watch rangers train a couple of times at the cricket club in peel street

The Albion was a car park when Gazza came to us. We trained at Jordanhill if I remember correctly as well as some other locations.

This Gazza story is probably just a joke which developed into a story. I expect the tour guide thought it was true.

As for the bike, it was a gift from St Etienne in 1957.

Fukking CORRECT., IIRC there is a photo of the bike n the New Era published 1966

The Albion was a car park when Gazza came to us. We trained at Jordanhill if I remember correctly as well as some other locations.

This Gazza story is probably just a joke which developed into a story. I expect the tour guide thought it was true.

As for the bike, it was a gift from St Etienne in 1957.

We trained at west of Scotland cc in Patrick then although we did occasionally use the Bella park the very odd time according to friends.

100% we didn't use the Albion in those days. Grew up in ibrox but went to school at hyndland. Used to get the subway across to partick and dogged school to watch rangers train a couple of times at the cricket club in peel street

Was just about to post similar,

I remember the story about us training in Bellahouston Park and the ball going out of play during a training match.

A wee kid on a bike got off his bike, grabbed the ball and ran away with the ball leaving his bike.

I wonder how he explained losing his bike to his Ma?

Was just about to post similar,

I remember the story about us training in Bellahouston Park and the ball going out of play during a training match.

A wee kid on a bike got off his bike, grabbed the ball and ran away with the ball leaving his bike.

I wonder how he explained losing his bike to his Ma?

Told her the big bad Rangers stole it, we get blamed for everything else.

The bike was given to Rangers in 1957 by St Etienne. It was apparently made by a local manufacturer and was presented as a symbol of the town of St Etienne. The bike was in storage until the Trophy Room opened a few years later. When we played St Etienne again in 1975 they gave us a French miner's lamp.

Have we ever given them anything?

The tour guide told me the same story when I did it a few weeks ago however from what he said I believed that he was stopped from using it before actually jumping on the bike.

The story below of Walters smiths mums letter was a good touch

Walters sister was looking through they're mums stuff in the attic when she sadly passed away. And she came across a letter from a representative of rangers stating something along the lines that " in reply to your letter unfortunately under no circumstances can we let Walter into ibrox with a broken leg to watch rangers at pitch side "

The letter itself was in the left corner of trophy room as you walked in the door.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Britonstreetblue said:

If you check YouTube you will see a video interview with Davie Wilson explaining how we came to possess  the bike ? .

as for gazza we did not train at the Albion in his day but that could be a wee lost in translation moment .

Took you two years but you got there in the end :tu:

On 30/11/2015 at 10:41 AM, GOAT said:

It was the tour guide that told us. We used to train across from Ibrox did we not.

Yes when Gazza arrived we wee using local parks and itbwas a disgrace putting international players crammed in a mini bus.  

Thats why when Advocatt came he designed Murray park, right down to the pitch size and grass used. As other posters have said it was flattened and without it we would not have got permission to open the club deck.  

Yep,rules only apply to us, the council do all this for other clubs in Glasgow 

On 30/11/2015 at 8:02 PM, JCDBigBear said:

Do you or does anyone else know of any kind of  interesting gifts weve ever given to any Clubs? I know of a few Interesting ones we've been given but haven't heard of any we've gifted