Ronaldo to go because Scolari advised him!

Ronaldo said that Scolari has advised him to move to Spain because "The Real Madrid train only passses once and you have to get on it while it's there.

Of course he would dumbass, he is the new Chelsea gaffer :Ddoh ffs he might be even thicker than Ronney.

I'm not wholly sure a respected football manager would give advice to an impressionable youngster of this magnitude of such self serving motives.

I'm sure they crossed his mind a little - but I doubt there is a player on earth who doesn't want to play for Real Madrid.

I'd stick Ronaldo in the stands unless he comes out and says he wants to stay.

5 year contract. Stick him in the stands for 3, then sell him for £70m.

If Man Utd are going to sell him now then I'd demand at least £80m.

I'd think any top player would want to test himself in the each of the "Big 3" leagues.

You mean 2, right? Spain and England.

No he meant 3, he's warming himself up for the spl :bouncy:

I'd think any top player would want to test himself in the each of the "Big 3" leagues.

No he meant 3, he's warming himself up for the spl :bouncy:

:rangers:

as much as you have a dig at all things italy, the big players and managers still want to be a part of serie a.

think it will take 100m - Man U seem to be taking a very strong stance (the one we should of took in the Hutton fiasco to raise their bid)

as much as you have a dig at all things italy, the big players and managers still want to be a part of serie a.

All things Italy would be a tad incorrect. Just Serie A (bar one team of course) and their national side. I'd also suggest you're a little ways off saying all the big players and managers. The best managers are in England and Spain. Only Mourinho gives Italy any sort of credibility on that level. As for players, Pirlo and Kaka and possibly Ibrahimovic (the Inter one only, the Swedish one is mince) are the only really big players in Italy right now. All the big and glamorous players are in England and Spain whether you like it or not.

All things Italy would be a tad incorrect. Just Serie A (bar one team of course) and their national side. I'd also suggest you're a little ways off saying all the big players and managers. The best managers are in England and Spain. Only Mourinho gives Italy any sort of credibility on that level. As for players, Pirlo and Kaka and possibly Ibrahimovic (the Inter one only, the Swedish one is mince) are the only really big players in Italy right now. All the big and glamorous players are in England and Spain whether you like it or not.

i would say the best managers are in england and italy tbh. if you are meaning a sort of elite group of players, then there a few more than just the 3 you mentioned. and there is a chance the likes of drogba, eto'o, lampard and deco could all be in serie a next season(most likely at one club unfortuantely :( ) and with the likes of ronaldo and adebayor being linked with moves away from the epl, maybe leagues on the continent are becoming a bigger attraction than the epl?

i would say the best managers are in england and italy tbh.

Outside of Mourinho and Spalletti at a push, who else in Italy? At very worst I'd say Spain and Italy are comparible. But for managers England is just miles and miles ahead. Ferguson, Scolari, Wenger, Benitez...

if you are meaning a sort of elite group of players, then there a few more than just the 3 you mentioned.

Milan's established superstars are Kaka and Pirlo. Pato will require a few seasons to achieve this.

Inter's are Ibra, Vieira and Crespo

Juve's are Nedved, Trezeguet and maybe Del Piero - all of whom are over the hill.

And in other clubs Mutu...and maybe one or two others.

But then you look at the top clubs in England and Spain and, as of now, you could list about 5 or 6 superstars easily per team.

and there is a chance the likes of drogba, eto'o, lampard and deco could all be in serie a next season(most likely at one club unfortuantely :( ) and with the likes of ronaldo and adebayor being linked with moves away from the epl, maybe leagues on the continent are becoming a bigger attraction than the epl?

The state of leagues is in constant flux. In 2002 I think it was 3 tally teams in the semis of the CL. Since then the EPL has taken over.

It's swings and roundabouts and constantly evolves.

And to be a devil's advocate, Deco is as equally linked with Chelsea as he is with Serie A. Villa has been linked strongly with Liverpool.

i would say the best managers are in england and italy tbh.

Outside of Mourinho and Spalletti at a push, who else in Italy? At very worst I'd say Spain and Italy are comparible. But for managers England is just miles and miles ahead. Ferguson, Scolari, Wenger, Benitez...

if you are meaning a sort of elite group of players, then there a few more than just the 3 you mentioned.

Milan's established superstars are Kaka and Pirlo. Pato will require a few seasons to achieve this.

Inter's are Ibra, Vieira and Crespo

Juve's are Nedved, Trezeguet and maybe Del Piero - all of whom are over the hill.

And in other clubs Mutu...and maybe one or two others.

But then you look at the top clubs in England and Spain and, as of now, you could list about 5 or 6 superstars easily per team.

and there is a chance the likes of drogba, eto'o, lampard and deco could all be in serie a next season(most likely at one club unfortuantely :( ) and with the likes of ronaldo and adebayor being linked with moves away from the epl, maybe leagues on the continent are becoming a bigger attraction than the epl?

The state of leagues is in constant flux. In 2002 I think it was 3 tally teams in the semis of the CL. Since then the EPL has taken over.

It's swings and roundabouts and constantly evolves.

And to be a devil's advocate, Deco is as equally linked with Chelsea as he is with Serie A. Villa has been linked strongly with Liverpool.

Of all the established players you have mentioned...none are defenders.

Serie A is known for its defensive play. They have world-class defenders there.

Try naming all them and your list will get a lot bigger. Not to mention keepers too.

Of all the established players you have mentioned...none are defenders.

Serie A is known for its defensive play. They have world-class defenders there.

Try naming all them and your list will get a lot bigger. Not to mention keepers too.

I know none of them are defenders. Very well spotted. Seeing as you insist on it, you name all the superstar defenders then.