Mark Warburton Open To Rangers Job Discussions

WATBB

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody with a glittering CV will come to us.

At the minute warbuton would be in demand at championship teams chasing promotion looking for a new manager . It's an indictment of the damage the club have suffered but I'm not sure how many managers in a similar position or better would be a genuine and realistic target . Warbuton certainly has a lot of potential and Rangers might have to go with talent and a lot of potential .

DK had £30 million to put in plus a string of wealthy investors desperate to invest

The money in the premier league is crazy though mate and that kind of cash just couldn't compete when you factor in signings , running the club and wages , you wouldn't believe the money pulis has banked the last couple of seasons including bonuses .

Also as said above its about staying within a structure now surely ? Lessons have to be learned .

Think the 3 Brentford guts are a good fit got us. A ready made managerial/youth structure to help us rebuild which ticks the box of successful young manager coupled with an assistant who knows Rangers and the Scottish game in general.

Even if we did have money I don't know why anybody would want us to go back down the road of overpaying people to attract them to us.

100% correct.

We need to be both realistic & ambitious at the same time imo.

We are still a well known club with a rich history but unfortunately we ply our trade in a footballing backwater.

We therfore have to look to both management and players and identify talent before there is a proven track record.

Pay what we can afford to pay and no more.

Realism can be tough for some to take.

Just look across the city to the Penn Staters

They have appointed a complete cardboard cut out of a manager and as a result they only just won a one horse race and embarrassed themselves in Europe

I don't think we can take that risk, we need a manager with a proven track record

The money in the premier league is crazy though mate and that kind of cash just couldn't compete when you factor in signings , running the club and wages , you wouldn't believe the money pulis has banked the last couple of seasons including bonuses .

Also as said above its about staying within a structure now surely ? Lessons have to be learned .

You say that but Ally was on £300000 a year more than Micheal laudrup was at Swansea whilst we were in the3rd division. If we pay anyone anywhere near Ally's wage we will get who we want regardless

McCall wants the job give him a chance

Back in 2011 people were saying to me " Give Ally a chance" when he had done nothing to merit him being appointed.

Need to show some vision here and not just look to what ex-player has done well recently.

Just look across the city to the Penn Staters

They have appointed a complete cardboard cut out of a manager and as a result they only just won a one horse race and embarrassed themselves in Europe

I don't think we can take that risk, we need a manager with a proven track record

I think with his track record he is exactly what we need especially if Davie and Frank McParland. They all have impresssive records at bringing young players through. Warburton was Sporting Director at Brentford for 2 years prior to becoming manager and worked at Watfords Academy prior to that, Davie was highly regarded during nhis time working at the Everton Academy and Frank McParland was involed at Liverpool.

If the club is to build properly for the future then their experience and contacts will be invaluable.

I think with his track record he is exactly what we need especially if Davie and Frank McParland. They all have impresssive records at bringing young players through. Warburton was Sporting Director at Brentford for 2 years prior to becoming manager and worked at Watfords Academy prior to that, Davie was highly regarded during nhis time working at the Everton Academy and Frank McParland was ibnvoled at Liverpool.

If the club is to build properly for the future then their experience and contacts will be invaluable.

This (tu)