Dick Advocaat Confirms He Will Leave Sunderland At End Of Se

davis2804

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware of where we're at thanks. And the part his spending played in getting us there.

No thanks.

How can you seriously blame Advocaat for our woes? He was manager and tried to get the best players. Murray is to blame for spending the money.

The return of the Little General would be fantastic in any capacity. A wealth of experience and worldwide contacts married to a genuine affinity for the club.

It would also show the board genuinely mean business.

I can't see it happening though.

How can you seriously blame Advocaat for our woes? He was manager and tried to get the best players. guyMurray is to blame for spending the money.

The return of the Little General would be fantastic in any capacity. A wealth of experience and worldwide contacts married to a genuine affinity for the club.

when he first took over I remember a guy from Holland ,must have been a PSV fan saying he would end up bankrupting the club,in a sense he was right,the money Murray used to underight the share issue came from Murray holdings which crashed in the he recession making us vulnerable even though our debt was managable

How can you seriously blame Advocaat for our woes? He was manager and tried to get the best players. Murray is to blame for spending the money.

Managers have involvement in transfers as well you know, never said he was completely to blame for the financial meltdown but he certainly played a part.

Has he been in any job other than here, where he's 'spent'? From what I can remember it's been mostly national sides with a few clubs sparingly between

Probably spent a decent chunk at Zenit.

Other than that none of his clubs are really big spending; and as you say it's mostly national sides.

Never happen imo. Dick likes to spend a few quid.

he also likes to bring quality players through. Barry was going out the door under Walter and Advocaat made him captain.

I`d like him as DoF overseeing a young manager. Time will tell and I think we will know within 3 or 4 weeks.

Murray wanted out and with a man of his intelligence I find it amazing he didn't know the type of slug we were dealing with in Whyte, however, old bug eyes and HMRC (with factions clearly insidiously lobbying for our persecution) are to blame for what happened to us.

Murray is far from blameless, however, our debt was more than manageable until Murray wanted out, this coupled with the vultures and various forms of pond-life circling.

His visit to Glasgow a few weeks ago seems odd, to me anyway.

He's spent feck all at Sunderland and is on the verge of turning around and saving a very poor team.

Suppose I cannot see past the guy tbh - the football we played at times. I wonder if I will ever see better at Ibrox.

His visit to Glasgow a few weeks ago seems odd, to me anyway.

He's spent feck all at Sunderland and is on the verge of turning around and saving a very poor team.

Suppose I cannot see past the guy tbh - the football we played at times. I wonder if I will ever see better at Ibrox.

Pretty sure he's spent fuckall at Sunderland because he took over after the window closed.

So many deluded minds in this thread who don't remember that we're an underachieving team in second tier of Scottish football.

Dick Advocaat is a manager of the highest quality, he's 67 years old and is most likely thinking of retiring after keeping Sunderland up.

And even if he was interested in coming back to us, it would cost us a fortune to pay his wages and he'd want an extravagant transfer budget, something he's used to whilst managing club sides.

Plus, in my own opinion, we shouldn't be looking to the past. That's what's fucked us this season in many ways, signing the likes of Boyd, Miller, Foster, Smith, etc.