Dick Advocaat Confirms He Will Leave Sunderland At End Of Se

davis2804

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it will happen , much as I'd like to see it.

Yes , he spent a fortune up here on quality players , but his style of football was one of the best I've seen.

With his contacts in Holland and recent experience in England , I'm sure he'd be able to get affordable players at a fraction of the price , that would do us a turn up here.

I would have no problem with him being offered any kind of advisory role, but I would not want him anywhere near the dressing room.He had his time.If he wants to support the club with his fat wallet, then ok, let's hear what he has to offer.

Dave King and Paul Murray have each said they are looking to bring in a Head Coach type rather than manager so The little general does not fit that mould. However Stuart Mccall does. They also didn't rule out the option of bring in a DOF which said little general would fit the bill perfectly.

He's retiring.

He said once he took the Sunderland job that his wife has told him that after the end of the season he was to give it up, you could see he wanted to take the Sunderland job on permanently but his promise to his wife stood.

He won't be coming near us.

"He likes to bring through quality young players"

Does he?

Apart from Barry Ferguson, who got anywhere near the Rangers team?

Scott Wilson, Bob Malcolm, Mo Ross, Stephen Hughes, Mark Brown & Barry Nicholson all got their debuts by Advocaat! ?

Dave King would be mad to offer him the managers role and likewise Dick would be mad to accept - there is simply not enough funds available for his type of management.

DoF on the other hand - well I think he would be a sound choice. He is still held in high regard Worldwide and might just bring back some credibility in our club; which has taken a right pounding. Players might wish to come to us with him doing the negotiations but I doubt he would come as DoF unless he had a say in who was manager and I doubt McCall would be his first choice. Frank De Boer, on the other hand, is rumoured to be replacing Dick at Newcastl - what a coup it would be to bring him in as manager; on the understanding that the budget is low and youth coaching is of paramount importance (the Ajax way).

He's retiring.

He said once he took the Sunderland job that his wife has told him that after the end of the season he was to give it up, you could see he wanted to take the Sunderland job on permanently but his promise to his wife stood.

He won't be coming near us.

Has he said if he's retiring from management or from football as a whole?

Scott Wilson, Bob Malcolm, Mo Ross, Stephen Hughes, Mark Brown & Barry Nicholson all got their debuts by Advocaat!

If you're simply quoting players who made 1 or 2 appearances, every manager in the world would be seen as great at bringing through youngsters

Only Wilson and Hughes should be mentioned, and it was Walter Smith who initially brought through Wilson (who was, of course, utterly shite anyway)

Former Rangers manager Dick Advocaat has ruled himself out of a return to Ibrox despite also rejecting the opportunity to become permanent head coach at Sunderland after leading the English club clear of relegation. (The Herald)

He'll be wanting to happily retire. [/thread]

Has he said if he's retiring from management or from football as a whole?

Retire as a whole.

Staying in football in some capacity will only help increase his itch to get back into management.

Why not try and get him to help rebuild the club? Get him in a director of football role to help McCall ( even part time) .

Ask him to take a hell of a wage cut, as let's be honest he does not need the money.

He might just do it for the love of the club, Hire him a house for 12 months for him and his wife then after that he can retire.

Advocatt could have a scouting system up and running in days, and all the other shite that needs sorted,

McCall then just has to concentrate on results.

Advocatt is old school and has contacts throughout the world, we need to tap into this.

I know how much he loves Rangers , and maybe this could be his parting gift to us before he retires for good.

The Little General is what's needed but as I said he need to work for next to nothing as we need every penny to go into the playing squad.