*** Rm Erskine Rec Fund – Now Accepting Donations & Members!

govanblue

So right now, the Erskine Veterans will be enjoying their D-Day Party, and their Ration Packs will each have a whisky miniature in it, thanks to Keeps01. (tu)

Then in a couple of hours, a party of 12 will be heading over to Ibrox for the Champions League Fundraising Night.

I'll meet them there, and give them their £240 Spending money for the night. That's £100 for the Raffle, £20 for the Football Card, and £120 for drinks for 12. (tu)

I'll also be handing over a couple of boxes of stuff that we've collected from Members over the past month...

12 Bottles of whisky, donated by various members (plus a few Port, Brandy and Bourbon miniatures)...

RM_Erskine_Whisky_zpsghyrli5j.jpg

A box of Memorabilia (books, DVDs, Audio Cassettes etc)...

RM_Erskine_Memorabilia_zpscucibb1u.jpg

And these 4 paintings...

DJ_zpsvv3kw9yp.jpg

Managers_zpsdlewrbyh.jpg

Captains_zpshfthx4nn.jpg

Millenium_Ibrox_Framed_zpsm7cznfh3.jpg

- And let's hope they win something in the raffle too. :thumbup:

I'll be buying £100 of raffle tickets for us too, so fingers crossed. (tu)

Fantastic GB. (tu)

I've got some photos from the Erskine Mains Home D-Day Party. (tu)

Here are their D-Day Ration Packs, ready for inspection.

Ration_Packs_2015_1_zps37owjihs.jpg

ration_packs_2015_2_zpssy6yctva.jpg

There is of course a plentiful supply of non-whisky alternatives for the Ladies too...

D_Day_Mains_Dancing_zpswptu5qav.jpg

I think their D-Day Ration packs that they pull together each year are a cracking idea, and I feel really proud that we've been able to make them even better, thanks to the 84 whisky miniatures (and more besides) donated once again by Loyal Fund Member Keeps01. :thumbup:

whisky_wall_zpso61luanh.jpg

And after the D-Day party was over, when Erskine arrived at Ibrox for the Champions League Fundraising night, I was able to hand over some reinforcements, thanks to several Loyal Fund Members...

RM_Erskine_Whisky_zpsghyrli5j.jpg

The Champions League Night was a great night, not just for Erskine, but for everyone else who was there too. :21:

Colin Stewart mentioned in the opening address that our Erskine group were in attendance, and so they had a steady stream of folk coming over to say hello, and thank you, and stuff like that, which was nice. (tu)

Like this chap, for example...

RDF_Night2_zpsuxmilm5y.jpg

And this chap...

rdf_night_zpsfzbqxeex.jpg

A great night was had by all. :cheers:

D-day-170_zpswf1db9ap.jpg

Everybody at Erskine sends their thanks as always, and I told them they're more than welcome as always.

Next up - Falkirk Wheel - already organised. (tu)

then Lunch at Loch Lomond. Should be easy to organise. (tu)

I've now received the renewal prices for our two Erskine Season Tickets (SW2) :

Adult: £360

Concession: £252

Total: £612

Which is less than the £650 that I'd estimated, so that's good news. (tu)

erskine-season-tickets-004_zpsubzx65za.j

I won't renew them straight away - there's no hurry, and you never know what might crop up in the meantime. :sherlock:

So as I was saying, Loch Lomond...

Loch_Lomond_Wishing_Tree_zpsk3ieelku.jpg

It turns out Erskine have already organised a day out for Jean and a few other Residents. (tu)

In a couple of weeks, they'll be heading off to Loch Lomond Shores, which is a shopping centre/visitor centre in Balloch, where the Steamship Maid of The Loch is moored up and they can enjoy a gentle saunter along the waterfront, enjoying the scenery, and eating their packed lunches.

LochLomond.png

Sounds lovely, doesn't it - well apart from the packed lunches bit, maybe. :pipe:

So that's where we'll step in. (tu)

Apparently, there's a restaurant right next door, the Kilted Skirlie, which is very highly rated, and we reckon the Residents would probably prefer that to a packed lunch.

http://kiltedskirlie.co.uk/menu

It's not as cheap as a pie and a pint, but since this one is for the Ladies, I think we can push the boat out a bit again.

So a 3-course lunch and a drink would be about £18 a head. An Erskine bus can take 12.

£18 x 12 = £216.

All we need to do is tell Erskine to book the table and then we pay the bill. Simple.

Had lunch in the Kilted Skirlie a couple of times and it was very good, so hope the Erskine folk have a good meal as well. (tu) Great idea by the way GB. (tu)

Had lunch in the Kilted Skirlie a couple of times and it was very good, so hope the Erskine folk have a good meal as well. (tu) Great idea by the way GB. (tu)

Carol was telling me that the last time Erskine visited Lomond Shores, they sat just across from The Kilted Skirlie eating their packed lunches, and talking about how nice the restaurant looked. (tu)

Something else I forgot to mention about the Fundraising Night, until Carol mentioned again how important it was:

Two of the Carers at Ibrox that night were not in fact Erskine Carers - they were relatives (both Sons, I think) of two of the Veterans.

Erskine are always keen to get the families involved in their activities, just as the families are always keen to be involved, so it's good that we were able to help out in that respect too. (tu)

And there was one other unexpected bonus of Erskine coming along that night, which I don't want to say too much about just now, so I'll just give you a hint:

Question: What do you get when you put Helen Runciman (award-winning Artist), Tom Clark (Founder of the RSEA), and Carol (in desperate need of a mural for the new Sporting Memories Room) in the same room?

Answer: Well yes, it's obvious now, isn't it? :thumbup:

Carol was telling me that the last time Erskine visited Lomond Shores, they sat just across from The Kilted Skirlie eating their packed lunches, and talking about how nice the restaurant looked. (tu)

Something else I forgot to mention about the Fundraising Night, until Carol mentioned again how important it was:

Two of the Carers at Ibrox that night were not in fact Erskine Carers - they were relatives (both Sons, I think) of two of the Veterans.

Erskine are always keen to get the families involved in their activities, just as the families are always keen to be involved, so it's good that we were able to help out in that respect too. (tu)

And there was one other unexpected bonus of Erskine coming along that night, which I don't want to say too much about just now, so I'll just give you a hint:

Question: What do you get when you put Helen Runciman (award-winning Artist), Tom Clark (Founder of the RSEA), and Carol (in desperate need of a mural for the new Sporting Memories Room) in the same room?

Answer: Well yes, it's obvious now, isn't it? :thumbup:

All great news GB, and I think I know the answer to the last question, but would not like to spoil it for others so keep it to myself. :thumbup:

I knew you wouldnt thank me for it, you deserve one tho for all the work that you do as well as the time and money that you put into everything.

You could always wear a Walter Smith mask lol

I believe I'm still 'Wanted' in several States.

nedblue_zps5d0d73f8.jpg

But just to be on the safe side, I'm off to make some racist and offensive tweets. ;)