Best Rangers Xi Of The 21St Century?

RFC72RFC

Would be hard to pick 11 from this lot would depend on whether it's just how they performed for us, who was the better players, overall performance for us or just within the turn of the century.

Klos

Ricksen/Hutton/Porrini

Amoruso/Moore/Weir/Cuellar/Berg/Bougherra/Boumsong/Frank de Boer

Numan

Ferguson/Arteta/Albertz/van Bronckhorst/Reyna

Ronald de Boer/Mols/Prso/McCann/Lovenkrands/Caniggia

Those CBs.. The only players I would guarantee to be in any 11 from that lot would be

Klos, Amoruso, Numan, Ferguson, van Bronckhorst and Ronald de Boer.

Some cunt went for Whittaker at right-back. :lol::lol:

McGregor, Hutton, Numan, Amoruso, Weir, Ferguson, de Boer, Albertz, van Bronkhorst Jelavic and Prso.

Just seen Wallace, as well. :lol:

I did, some obviously forget how average to pish Hutton was pre-Walter Smith.

Agree and I think you're forgetting how much of a bombscare Whittaker was for the most part.

He'd be behind Ricksen, Reyna and Porrini for me.

Seriously is there people that actually think McGregor was better than Klos?

Toss up between the two.

Personally thought McGregor was better rounded, better kicker of the ball, better at coming for crosses etc.

Agree and I think you're forgetting how much of a bombscare Whittaker was for the most part.

He'd be behind Ricksen, Reyna and Porrini for me.

Ricksen had one good season at Right back, 2002/03. Other than than that he was ok, when he got moved to midfield, he was a cracking player for us.

Whittaker wasn't as bad as made out not a chance, good at going forward and decent at defending. People just have a bad opinion of him because of how he left. But five years, 3 league titles, two Scottish cups, 3 league cups and UEFA Cup final later, he was a decent enough player for us. If Hutton played the way he did the start of the Manchester season in his entire spell at us, he would have been first choice, but I'm not picking someone on 6 months of football. Otherwise Cuellar would have been ahead of Bougherra aswell.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be different or controversial, but stop it.

This is the 'best' Rangers XI and regardless of whether It was for six days, six months or six years, Alan Hutton was on absolute flames on all fronts until he joined Spurs. Whittaker couldn't even reach those heights on the PlayStation.

Hutton aside, I'm still shocked that you've went for Whittaker. He was a fucking bombscare and absolutely unspectacular, barring a goal against Sporting Lisbon. Off the top of my head, I recall him costing us in the Champions League and Europa League in 2011, plus getting sent-off at Parkhead.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be different or controversial, but stop it.

This is the 'best' Rangers XI and regardless of whether It was for six days, six months or six years, Alan Hutton was on absolute flames on all fronts until he joined Spurs. Whittaker couldn't even reach those heights on the PlayStation.

Hutton aside, I'm still shocked that you've went for Whittaker. He was a fucking bombscare and absolutely unspectacular, barring a goal against Sporting Lisbon. Off the top of my head, I recall him costing us in the Champions League and Europa League in 2011, plus getting sent-off at Parkhead.

So going by that notion you just want to pick players from different times. That's like people picking Lovenkrands. 2001-2002. Scored some big goals as well all know, 2005-06, done well in Europe. But inbetween was at times shite. Does that mean I should pick him in those periods when he was amazing?

Hutton before Walter Smith was average to pish. 2007, he was different class, have I just to forget the pish before that time?

So going by that notion you just want to pick players from different times. That's like people picking Lovenkrands. 2001-2002. Scored some big goals as well all know, 2005-06, done well in Europe. But inbetween was at times shite. Does that mean I should pick him in those periods when he was amazing?

Hutton before Walter Smith was average to pish. 2007, he was different class, have I just to forget the pish before that time?

No, because you wouldn't pick Boyd despite his goals over a prolonged period of time. Again, this is the 'Best' players.

I'd also dispute your Hutton comments, pre-Smith's arrival. He performed at nowhere near the standard he did under Smith, but he wasn't "pish". He was a young boy.

Regardless of Hutton, I'm still shocked at your Whittaker inclusion. Lovenkrands; understandable. Whittaker; unacceptable.