What Planet Is This Jamie Kennedy On.

http://whatculture.com/sport/rangers-transfers-10-players-they-must-sign-this-summer.php?

Glasgow Rangers are on the cusp of something brilliant, something which has never happened in the history of Scottish football – advancing through every division from the very bottom, the team are a Playoff final away from returning to the top tier. After causing a lot of their own problems through gross financial mismanagement, something even the most ardent of Gers supporters will admit, the club were unceremoniously dumped in the bottom tier of the Scottish professional game for the start of season 2012-2013.

I for one have never admitted or accepted this. Has he not heard of the created big tax case generated by a corrupt Inland Revenue and biase MSM, guilty until proven innocent. Well he should have as he hails from Renfrewshire but there maybe a hidden agenda as he is a journalist.

its looking more like the specific plan by whyte to get to admin and get shot of the debt backfired, rather than anything Murray done at that time. True, we had huge debts at one point, which should never have been the case, but my perception was that they were back to a manageable level for a club of our size- £19M.

The financial mismanagement was Whytes botched attempt at clearing the debt and subsequent neglect at paying tax. Unfortunately he did own the club and we cant get away from that fact, so we were guilty of gross financial mismanagement - albeit at the hands of one fucking loser of a man.

I know Jamie, and actually think he's a top boy, but need to take exception to a couple of things.

Mainly, it's not a 'remarkable achievement' at all. It's the absolute minimum that was required from Rangers. If we don't get promoted on Sunday, then the last three years have been a complete failure.

Is he saying that no team has came through all the divisons to the top league?

Gretna, Livingston and Inverness just off the top of my head.

Yeah I remember Livi doing it and getting in to Europe in their first season in the top flight as well

its looking more like the specific plan by whyte to get to admin and get shot of the debt backfired, rather than anything Murray done at that time. True, we had huge debts at one point, which should never have been the case, but my perception was that they were back to a manageable level for a club of our size- £19M.

The financial mismanagement was Whytes botched attempt at clearing the debt and subsequent neglect at paying tax. Unfortunately he did own the club and we cant get away from that fact, so we were guilty of gross financial mismanagement - albeit at the hands of one fucking loser of a man.

Whilst the debt was down to £18m it would have risen again by circa £10m when we exited the Champions League. We would have had to sell one or two players to stand still. The deal with HBOS pre Lloyds was to reduce the debt by £1m per annum. We also owed between £3m and £4m for the small tax case. I would point out that the Big Tax Case is still not finished, HMRC appealed again and that is still to be finalised. I would suggest that is financial mismanagement.

Whilst the debt was down to £18m it would have risen again by circa £10m when we exited the Champions League. We would have had to sell one or two players to stand still. The deal with HBOS pre Lloyds was to reduce the debt by £1m per annum. We also owed between £3m and £4m for the small tax case. I would point out that the Big Tax Case is still not finished, HMRC appealed again and that is still to be finalised. I would suggest that is financial mismanagement.

I suppose if the appeal fails, then its not gross financial missmanagement, if it wins, it is. History is written by the winners.

I suppose if the appeal fails, then its not gross financial missmanagement, if it wins, it is. History is written by the winners.

Even without the BTC you have to consider that without Champs League we would lose £10m. The debt could have been £31m by Christmas 2011.

What I've never understood is that we lost 30m of talent, which by selling we could have cleared our debt. Imo Murray bottled it on losing the big tax case. Jelavic, McGregor, Davis, Naismith, Whittaker sold and 18m paid off. Replaced by frees and youths.

Even without the BTC you have to consider that without Champs League we would lose £10m. The debt could have been £31m by Christmas 2011.

Yes its a lot if it got to that level - i am not contesting that. I am saying that I consider a deliberate attempt to completely undermine the finances of the club as the greater of the two evils.

£30M in debt is not admin, its not liquidation, its not withholding tax from HMRC.

We were not-unceremoniously dumped in the bottom tier of the Scottish professional game-as he puts it.

We were voted out of Scottish football completely by the SPL.

It was the SFL teams who voted to allow us into the SFL.

Yes its a lot if it got to that level - i am not contesting that. I am saying that I consider a deliberate attempt to completely undermine the finances of the club as the greater of the two evils.

£30M in debt is not admin, its not liquidation, its not withholding tax from HMRC.

It is financial mismanagement though.to incur £10m of debt if you fail to qualify for the Champs League. It was also financial mismanagement to incur a £3 to £4m pound tax debt with the small tax case. We were badly run for years which is why we were in the position in the first place. The EBT scheme was extremely "iffy" in the first place. Whyte didn't mismanage, Whyte defrauded.

What I've never understood is that we lost 30m of talent, which by selling we could have cleared our debt. Imo Murray bottled it on losing the big tax case. Jelavic, McGregor, Davis, Naismith, Whittaker sold and 18m paid off. Replaced by frees and youths.

You seriously think fans would have accepted selling 5 players going for 4 iar? Also ridiculous to say they would have only cleared 18mill

In that market those 5 would have brought in 25 mill imo

http://whatculture.com/sport/rangers-transfers-10-players-they-must-sign-this-summer.php?

Glasgow Rangers are on the cusp of something brilliant, something which has never happened in the history of Scottish football – advancing through every division from the very bottom, the team are a Playoff final away from returning to the top tier. After causing a lot of their own problems through gross financial mismanagement, something even the most ardent of Gers supporters will admit, the club were unceremoniously dumped in the bottom tier of the Scottish professional game for the start of season 2012-2013.

I for one have never admitted or accepted this. Has he not heard of the created big tax case generated by a corrupt Inland Revenue and biase MSM, guilty until proven innocent. Well he should have as he hails from Renfrewshire but there maybe a hidden agenda as he is a journalist.

what gross financial mismanagement? we had a manageable debt when Murray left and all we done wrong was Whyte never paid the PAYE for 9 months. Rangers were the victims of a fraud

You seriously think fans would have accepted selling 5 players going for 4 iar? Also ridiculous to say they would have only cleared 18mill

In that market those 5 would have brought in 25 mill imo

If we could sell 3 or 4 and clear our debt then even better. The board needed a backbone, doesn't matter if the fans wouldn't be happy we could have stayed out of Whytes hands if the bank had no leverage but Murray shat it.

what gross financial mismanagement? we had a manageable debt when Murray left and all we done wrong was Whyte never paid the PAYE for 9 months. Rangers were the victims of a fraud

We were grossly financially mismanaged which is what allowed the fraudster into Ibrox.

We were grossly financially mismanaged which is what allowed the fraudster into Ibrox.

not so sure we were, were we not £18 million in debt when Whyte took over, C*ltic had a similar figure of debt and Hearts, Aberdeen were £15 in debt with a fraction of the turnover.

What allowed Whyte in was the gross financial mismanagement of Murrays other companies and the big tax case hanging over us, which we won,