Rangers Transfers: 10 Players They Must Sign This Summer

our wage bill has to at least double if we are to compete,

if promoted our income will increase a fair amount,with increased season ticket and gate money,sponsorship will increase and there will be a fair jump in TV cash,

coupled with a steady boardroom and a curb to the cash being syphoned out the club a wage bill of around 15 to 20m is achievable

in the past we suffered from players getting paid off so we could get rid

now we can be on the receiving end and pick up players who are getting paid off and would be willing to take a drop in wages to join us,I don't have any suggestions but I'm sure our next full time boss will be aware of a few gems out there just as smith brought in players like weir and Davis that few of us would have thought of

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delfouneso will stay in England

Lambert is out of our price range

Streete is possible

MacLeod is also possible

Anya could be out of our price range but if King is going to invest like he says he is, he could be our marquee signing

Never seen Buxton play

Malonga - No

Beckford has just been promoted

Allan is possible

Vuckic is one we should try and make something happen

our wage bill has to at least double if we are to compete,

if promoted our income will increase a fair amount,with increased season ticket and gate money,sponsorship will increase and there will be a fair jump in TV cash,

coupled with a steady boardroom and a curb to the cash being syphoned out the club a wage bill of around 15 to 20m is achievable

in the past we suffered from players getting paid off so we could get rid

now we can be on the receiving end and pick up players who are getting paid off and would be willing to take a drop in wages to join us,I don't have any suggestions but I'm sure our next full time boss will be aware of a few gems out there just as smith brought in players like weir and Davis that few of us would have thought of

You think we need or should have a 20mil a year wage budget to beat Celtic

And to live within our means

Are you David Murray?

Streete is out of contract this summer, so he's a distinct possibility if whoever is managing the club thinks he can cut the mustard. Vuckic and Allan would both be good signings. I can't say I like Allan, but I'd warm to him soon enough if he regularly turned in a good shift for us.

Delfouneso has often flattered to deceive, but there's a good player in there. I'd take a chance on him if his wage demands were realistic. At 31, Buxton would be a short-term signing, but he's certainly worth having a look at.

The rest of them are non-starters. I'd have MacLeod back, but that's not going to happen.

We would probably have a better chance of signing Anya than Vuckic on a permanent deal. A Rangers supporting Scotland international should never be considered out of our league if we are hoping to compete.

Of that list I would like Vuckic, Allan, Anya and MacLeod. There is no real way of telling if MacLeod, Vuckic or Anya's wages would be too high without having an accepted bid from their clubs and that would be where we would have to properly think about how we want to invest as there will be plenty of out of contract players available with lower wage demands. If rumours are true Allan is a done deal would we go for MacLeod or Vuckic after getting Allan for free? Id love it if we did but 3 players of a similar position would not be the best business as we need CBs a RB a GK and a striker before 3 creative midfielders

Watford have won promotion to the Premier League. No chance of Anya dropping down to the Scottish Premiership or maybe even the Championship if we fail to make it.

That is the burden of playing in Scotland but to be fair to Anya he seems humble and grateful for what he has achieved the past 2 seasons. It would be worth enquiring about him. As for dropping down we would be the biggest club of his career. Before Watford he was at a few reserve teams in Spain.

Dorrans isn't even getting a game for Norwich on loan. What are the chances?

None. There's a permanent deal in place already. Sure it's around the £2.5m-£3m mark which, unless we see some heavy, heavy investment over the summer will be well out of our price range for one player. Not to mention he's on well over £20k a week.

Dorrans isn't even getting a game for Norwich on loan. What are the chances?

This,i think Dorrans would be a great signing.

As for that list i would take Allan,Anya,and try to keep big Haris....for Rickie Lambert see how succesful James Beattie was here,not worth the big wages he would command

It's so sad when players like lambert and Anya are laughed at when mentioned about joining us. .

10 years ago they wouldn't be good enough but now they're too well paid and play for better sides. Watford and a return to Southampton. .

I'm not disagreeing at all I just feel sad that we have got to this. .

I'd love us to sign Tony Andreu this Summer.

Neil took him to Norwich with him but has done absolutely nothing with him. He hasn't even started a game and with them being in The Premiership now you have to wonder if Neil will shift his attention to other players which will see Andreu fall even more out of favour.

I'm not daft though, having gone from Scottish Championship to Premier League within a couple of years he will probably want to stick about there for now and even if he's free to leave he'll probably get another club in England, but I think he would be a great pick up for us.

Him, Allan and somebody else playing as a front three with the freedom to go and influence the game behind a striker would be brilliant to watch.