Striker

Kenny tries hard but hasn't got much left in his legs, I'm not convinced about clarks finishing, Hardie is unproven, and the other two fatties don't need mentioning.

Imo we desperately need a striker for next season who will bang 20-25 goals in the spl, but I can think of absolutely know one who is capable of this within our budget. Any suggestions?

What is our budget?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone like Adam Rooney or Stevie May. Although the last few 'SPL quality' strikers we signed, ie, Jon Daly & Fran Sandaza have been pure mince. But May is still young and up and coming with a bright future hopefully. Big fan of Billy King of Hertz too!! ?

Depends on the budget but we do need a striker that can play in Europe and possibly on the national team. I found a list of the latest transfer rumours for the summer 2015 transfer window http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Unattached

Possibly the worst list of players i have ever seen.

Strikers should be our main priority at the moment. More often that not we are having to rely on goals coming from elsewhere. Clark and miller try hard but that is about it. Miller is past it and Clark just isn't good enough. I would love a ciftci or a may but can't see that happening unfortunately.

Clark and Miller aren't great, but as third and fourth choices they will be fine for another season.

That means we need to bring two in but it's not going to be easy. Occasionally you can take a stab on somebody on a bosman or pick up a guy who's not been great in their career so far and they will come good, but regular, proven goalscorers cost a lot of money and I doubt we are going to have enough to spend three or four million on a couple of them when we have so many areas that have to be addressed.

Clark and Miller aren't great, but as third and fourth choices they will be fine for another season.

That means we need to bring two in but it's not going to be easy. Occasionally you can take a stab on somebody on a bosman or pick up a guy who's not been great in their career so far and they will come good, but regular, proven goalscorers cost a lot of money and I doubt we are going to have enough to spend three or four million on a couple of them when we have so many areas that have to be addressed.

There will be more than enough bosmans available from around the UK and Europe who would run a mock in Scotland. We just have to be hungry and clever enough to go after them.

What are the chances of Rangers scouting Africa for football talent? Dave King had a football club there. So presumably he will have the connections. Africa has a lot of football talent but fake agents trap budding footballers who seek overseas contracts This could be a scouting opportunity to acquire raw talent, that could be nurtured to help Rangers then sold on at a later date.

In terms of young, Scottish and potentially available, Jason Cummings and Stevie May would be right up the top of my list. Coached properly, they will become two of the best strikers in Scotland.

Cummings is already looking like a Riordan/Griffiths, if he can keep his form unlike Riordan and keep his behaviour under control unlike both of them, he'll be a fantastic player. I think May is suited to smaller clubs to be honest.