Striker

If we go in next season with Miller and Clark as our main strikers, we are right royally fucked. The goalscoring rate from our strikers has been nothing short of laughable.

We need serious investment all over the pitch, however, at least one (as close as we can get) proven CF is a must.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think we lack quality feeds to the non existent strikers we have. Don't think a world class striker would score much unless he could take every opposition player on from a dribble starting in a pass from our keeper.

Boyd got 22 goals with Killie the previous season.

If we kept him on a reduced salary of around 4k and paid him a bonus for goals whilst forcing him to get in shape during the close season he could be a backup option

Bamford would be a great loan signing, but would Chelsea not want him in the EPL next season???

Bit of a long long shot but how about Darren Bent??? Would be good for a season.

Aluko return would be good??

There are loads out there...

Aluko will be on 25k plus, and Bent is something well over 50k a week. Absolutely no chance! I'd love May, but I reckon his calibre of player will be the heights that we realistically can afford to blow on wages. Ridiculous that fans will moan all week about players sucking cash out the club, then come up with ludicrious players we should go in for, when they will easily earn ten of thousands elsewhere each week. Be realistic! As for the call to go in for Drogba and Bamford <cr>

Aluko will be on 25k plus, and Bent is something well over 50k a week. Absolutely no chance! I'd love May, but I reckon his calibre of player will be the heights that we realistically can afford to blow on wages. Ridiculous that fans will moan all week about players sucking cash out the club, then come up with ludicrious players we should go in for, when they will easily earn ten of thousands elsewhere each week. Be realistic! As for the call to go in for Drogba and Bamford <cr>

Spot on.

I'd explore the loan market for young strikers like Iheanacho. Wages relatively low, an hunger to prove themselves (like Denayer has done with the scum) and unknown quantities to the opposition.