Chesterfield Vs Rangers 1980-81 News Report

Found this on Facebook always love watching old clips. Always laugh when towns and city's fear the vast amount of supporters we have traveling :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8OiXrbdWC9U

This is the best Facebook page for footage. They'd maybe like your find. 8000 members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rangersarchivefootage/

Was at the game,horrendous performance and the journey back even worse! Pissed down the whole night

I was there too. All I can remember is seeing John Lowes sports shop, seemingly half the town being boarded up and being thrashed. I was extremely drunk though so am amazed I remember that much

What a blast from the past. My mate and I went to the game. He worked for Arnold Clark at the time and threw a sickie.

Nearly sh** himself when our bus got stopped and the TV crews were filming the fans.

Anyway he got away with it and since it was our first excursion outside Scotland to watch 'The Teddy Bears' we had a few wee drinks.

Remember a guy loading up a trolley in the supermarket in Chesterfield and walking straight out the door.

He obviously had some kind of 'deal' with the manager, as it seemed to be try now and buy later.

Just looked over the footage again and noticed that I was caught on camera around 40 seconds into the footage.

My mate like me is still following The Gers but now lives in Canada, so if your reading this Gibby all the best, hopefully speak to you soon.

WATP

Was at the game,horrendous performance and the journey back even worse! Pissed down the whole night

Too bloody right!

We were shocking that night!

Unbelievably, we turned the scum over 3-0 at Ibrox the Saturday after - I try to kid myself we were saving ourselves for the weekend!

1-1 at Ibrox if I recall, froze my bollox off that night.

Gordon Dalziel scored our goal in the 1-1 Ibrox leg .

I was in chesterfield for the 3-0 horsing. Pished drunk & can't remember much about the game, except my nutcase brother punching a random guy outside the ground for nowt.

Crazy days.

Just watched a few of they videos there. Tremendous. Looking forward to having a good watch through them all. Some of the old footage is class!!

Remember and scroll down and click "load more". Think there is about 600 or so. Just watched Motherwell match from 1978 at Fir Park. No ticket allocation issues in that match.