Why Is The Splfa Allowing

UnionMen

Motherwell are entitled to do what is best for their club,

I disagree, the competition, it's rules, and integrity of the game all take precedence over Motherwell throwing the toys out of the pram, or trying to gain some kind of nonsense advantage by creating a subdued atmosphere, it's ridiculous.

I don't think there was a higher % of empty seats at our home game than at theirs

you might be right, there was what, 11k at Ibrox at 4k at Easter Road, regardless though, both games could have had significantly more fans in attendance if Clubs worked together

I disagree, the competition, it's rules, and integrity of the game all take precedence over Motherwell throwing the toys out of the pram, or trying to gain some kind of nonsense advantage by creating a subdued atmosphere, it's ridiculous.

Did you call Rangers out on this when we did the very same to Hibs?

the attendance was in the mid 14k. Ours was over 41k.

Ahh you're spot on, I'm sure on the Telly they said 16,700 odd, I watched it in the boozer tho so probably heard it wrong

it doesn't really change the point though, both clubs should have given each other far more Away tickets than either one received.

Motherwell are entitled to do what is best for their club

I agree but what they are doing is not best for their club.

Financially it is a no brained as they are basically turning down free money.

Football wise they are sending the message to their players and manager that they don't have any confidence in them winning in front of a sizeable Rangers support, which is absolute nonsense when you consider that a fan or support has never scored or stopped a goal.

"When I was manager of Motherwell we used to rely on Rangers bringing between five and six thousand fans twice a season which was worth £250,000 to us as club. "That was the equivalent of four of five Motherwell players wages for the season.

By turning up at Fir park The Rangers support effectively paid for about half the Motherwell first team per annum - yet they wish to go on a point scoring exercise. Scottish Football at its finest.

remember we restricted Hibs to 950 tickets at Ibrox and their was a higher percentage of empty seats at ours than there was at Easter Road - we cant have it all pur own way.

I'd like to see it written into the rules regarding tickets, like the Scottish Cup the away team should be allocated 20% of the tickets for the Play-Off, if a club cant sell 20% they're allocated then they can be returned to the Home side to sell as a Pay At The Gate

Good post apart from your maths ;)

"When I was manager of Motherwell we used to rely on Rangers bringing between five and six thousand fans twice a season which was worth £250,000 to us as club. "That was the equivalent of four of five Motherwell players wages for the season.

By turning up at Fir park The Rangers support effectively paid for about half the Motherwell first team per annum - yet they wish to go on a point scoring exercise. Scottish Football at its finest.

Motherwell won't lose to much out of this it's the spfl or whatever it's called that will be hit in the pocket.