Young And Youngish Players Out Of Contract

NeoGeo7

Doing some digging around on the net I've found a list of young players out of contract this summer. I'd like to see us make moves for these guys to form the bulk of our team and look to sign a few key players for a fee to give us a core that we can build upon.

Aidan Connolly (left wing)- Dundee Utd

Gregg kiltie (left wing) - Kilmarnock

Liam polworth (central mid) - ICT

John McGinn (Central/left mid) - St Mirren

Kevin holt (left back) - QotS

Daniel Carmichael (right/left wing) - QotS

Gavin Reilly (striker) - QotS

Jack grimmer (right/centre back) - Fulham

Calum butcher (centre back) - Dundee Utd

Marley Watkins (left wing) - ICT

Kallum Higginbotham (right mid) - Patrick thistle

Nick Ross (attacking mid central) - ICT

Ali Crawford (left/central mid) - Hamilton

Mark Durnan (right/centre back) - QotS

I'm not suggesting we should buy all of these players nor that they will be full internationals or get sold on for money. I just think that some of these guys could help to bulk up the squad when the dozen or so out of contract players leave. I doubt their salaries would be that large and no transfer fees involved.

Would you sign any of these

Ali Crawford is under contract at Hamilton until 2018.

Gavin Reilly is a promising young player but looks like he is Hearts bound.

My mistake, so he is. Signed a 4 year deal in October last year......should have checked some of these rather than just believing my source!

Doing some digging around on the net I've found a list of young players out of contract this summer. I'd like to see us make moves for these guys to form the bulk of our team and look to sign a few key players for a fee to give us a core that we can build upon.

Aidan Connolly (left wing)- Dundee Utd

Gregg kiltie (left wing) - Kilmarnock

Liam polworth (central mid) - ICT

John McGinn (Central/left mid) - St Mirren

Kevin holt (left back) - QotS

Daniel Carmichael (right/left wing) - QotS

Gavin Reilly (striker) - QotS

Jack grimmer (right/centre back) - Fulham

Calum butcher (centre back) - Dundee Utd

Marley Watkins (left wing) - ICT

Kallum Higginbotham (right mid) - Patrick thistle

Nick Ross (attacking mid central) - ICT

Ali Crawford (left/central mid) - Hamilton

Mark Durnan (right/centre back) - QotS

I'm not suggesting we should buy all of these players nor that they will be full internationals or get sold on for money. I just think that some of these guys could help to bulk up the squad when the dozen or so out of contract players leave. I doubt their salaries would be that large and no transfer fees involved.

Would you sign any of these

Aidan Connolly (left wing)- Dundee Utd WHAT SCHOOL?

I know people get really pissed off at the whole ex player thing but I genuinely think Dean Furman would be an excellent signing.

He's coming into the peak of his career now, he's played over 200 games and has bags of experience, he is a natural leader and plays in a position where we are relatively weak and are crying out for leadership too.

I know people get really pissed off at the whole ex player thing but I genuinely think Dean Furman would be an excellent signing.

He's coming into the peak of his career now, he's played over 200 games and has bags of experience, he is a natural leader and plays in a position where we are relatively weak and are crying out for leadership too.

I would agree with that! Think he would be decent for us

Whatever happens during these playoffs we need to start building a young exciting team. This is what we've wanted ever since the start of the 3rd divison. There's no money for big signings anymore so we need to find young talent and develop it.

Who is he with just now?

If they formed the bulk of our team we'd be in a battle for top 6.

You're probably right, but if our out of contract players leave as expected, our own youth players aren't particularly good and we gave to assume we aren't going to have 30m to spend on transfer fees for a new squad where we can offer 10k a week easily then what other option do we have?

I know that many seem to think we'll challenge for second spot next year but I can't see it happening that fast unless we make some incredibly shrew moves in the transfer market.

The fact I've been corrected in some of the players listed i.e. Kevin holt, shows that we have probably missed out on any gems for free transfers and we need to move fast.

Captained our youth team then was captain at oldham and doncaster so must have good leadership which we could do with

We are crying out for it, especially in the middle of the park.

I was also confused at to why he never got a real chance to stake a claim when he was with us, but it's going to be hard for any young player to break into a squad with guys like Ferguson, Thomson, Mendes, Davis, Hemdani & Adam ahead of you in the pecking order.

Captained our youth team then was captain at oldham and doncaster so must have good leadership which we could do with

Did furman not get in on the goal of the season a few years back.....don't think he won it but he had been on the shortlist. Interestingly McCall signed him for Bradford from us.

He's a free agent. He allowed his contract with Doncaster to expire because he wants to play at a higher level.

He's the captain of South Africa these days.

Can't say i've seen him play recently but can't be worse than Law, Black, Hutton etc.

Always seemed a good prospect at youth level.

Can't say i've seen him play recently but can't be worse than Law, Black, Hutton etc.

Outwith highlights I can't say I've see him extensively bit his CV is pretty decent.

If anybody is likely to have seen him to any real degree then it's probably OneDavidCooper. I think he watches a lot of lower league football in England.

We are crying out for it, especially in the middle of the park.

I was also confused at to why he never got a real chance to stake a claim when he was with us, but it's going to be hard for any young player to break into a squad with guys like Ferguson, Thomson, Mendes, Davis, Hemdani & Adam ahead of you in the pecking order.

Im sure we didnt want to let him go but he wanted to play regularly so was allowed to leave in the end

Read from Doncaster fans that he apparently plays better for his country than them. Haven't seen him play so can't verify it.