Lewis Macleod

Brentford were pushing for a place in the EPL up until last week, and actually looked like a decent side this season. Figure that in with the wage rise and sign on fee he would have got and I doubt he or his agent wasn't interested in this move

I'm pretty sure he would've gotten a substantial pay rise when his contract was nearing completion. He couldn't have had long to run on the contract he was on.

I'm pretty sure he would've gotten a substantial pay rise when his contract was nearing completion. He couldn't have had long to run on the contract he was on.

I honestly don't know how long he had left in his contract, was he not one of the young lads that signed a 5 year deal in 2013 along with McKay etc ?

I honestly don't know how long he had left in his contract, was he not one of the young lads that signed a 5 year deal in 2013 along with McKay etc ?

I think you're right, but am sure the club would've started negotiations with him once we got to the SPL.

They wouldn't have wanted to let him get to the last year of his contract due to his age and talent.

We all know tapping up is illegal, but it goes on and he would've been a prime target for tapping up.

Agree big time, how anyone can have a good word to say about cAshley after that piece of pathetic business is astonishing. With regards to MacLeod, if he ever gets to wear the Rangers jersey again it better follow a heartfelt apology for turning his back on us after we got him through injury after injury. His point about not feeling wanted by the board imposters doesn't cut it with me, simple fact is he couldn't get away quick enough.

Absolute bollocks.

He didn't look to engineer a move, he didn't turn his back on the club. The club had to sell assets to plug a hole in our finances, and Lewis was the only asset of value we had, simple as that.

I agree with you mate, and I obviously didn't want to lose him, especially at that time of the season. I just wonder if the football the team were playing at that time (or lack of it) maybe was a factor in him deciding to leave, plus he always felt he was played out of position, although I always thought he performed better out there anyway. It's a shame his career has completely stalled down there due to his injuries, but I can't see him returning to Ibrox any time soon, but I'd be glad to be wrong in that one.

An apology?

The way I remember it was that he was told the club would run out of money if he didn't go.

Do you seriously think he left Rangers to go to fucking Brentford when he could've waited a year till we were in the SPL and got a move to an EPL team?

If indeed, he really wanted to leave.

I would be astounded if his parents or even his agent suggested a move from first team at one of the biggest clubs in the world to fucking Brentford would be beneficial to his career.

What's your source for this allegation?

I read every word he said after he signed and though he never sought the move he admitted to being happy to join Brentford. He had a contract and didn't have to leave so the idea he saved the club for 400,000 is pish.

I read every word he said after he signed and though he never sought the move he admitted to being happy to join Brentford. He had a contract and didn't have to leave so the idea he saved the club for 400,000 is pish.

What did you expect him to say after signing for Brentford?

"I'm here against my own will"

Of course he was gonae say he was happy to sign.

When have you ever seen a player sign for any club say anything different?

I think you're just a little bit para because of the last load of Gers "fans" who have left the club.

Absolute bollocks.

He didn't look to engineer a move, he didn't turn his back on the club. The club had to sell assets to plug a hole in our finances, and Lewis was the only asset of value we had, simple as that.

"When the opportunity came,with everything that was happening outside of football at the club, I leant towards a move "

Lewis MacLeod January.

If you wish to think Lewis was hanging on to the gates of Ibrox with his fingertips while Llambias was tossing him out the door then good luck . Bottom line is that while MacLeod didn't seek a move he went through choice and let us all down. One week he's badge kissing next week he's signing for Brentford with the promise of the premiership lol.

What did you expect him to say after signing for Brentford?

"I'm here against my own will"

Of course he was gonae say he was happy to sign.

When have you ever seen a player sign for any club say anything different?

I think you're just a little bit para because of the last load of Gers "fans" who have left the club.

I'd have expected him to say "thanks for the offer but I'm a true blue who's staying for the journey and my intention is to stand by the club and the fans till we get back to the top, just as they've stood by me during all my injuries. And while I'm at it if you expect me to give up my boyhood idols for Brentford you must be mad "

That's the answer he should have given

I'd have expected him to say "thanks for the offer but I'm a true blue who's staying for the journey and my intention is to stand by the club and the fans till we get back to the top, just as they've stood by me during all my injuries. And while I'm at it if you expect me to give up my boyhood idols for Brentford you must be mad "

That's the answer he should have given

Hewas told we would go bust if he didn't go. He done what I (and I guess most on here would) have done if I was told the same thing.

Agree big time, how anyone can have a good word to say about cAshley after that piece of pathetic business is astonishing. With regards to MacLeod, if he ever gets to wear the Rangers jersey again it better follow a heartfelt apology for turning his back on us after we got him through injury after injury. His point about not feeling wanted by the board imposters doesn't cut it with me, simple fact is he couldn't get away quick enough.

TBH I can't really blame him with the Clueless One in charge he would have rotted away and ended up at Cowdenbeath if he was lucky.

Hewas told we would go bust if he didn't go. He done what I (and I guess most on here would) have done if I was told the same thing.

So Lewis saved us from extinction ! Yet days later cAshleys flinging 5M about. Enough for me on the subject, I'd rather talk about guys who want to play for Rangers.

If we could bring him back in the summer I'd love to see us go for it. Great young player. I'd rather have him that Allan.

Allan can keep himself fit unlike LM who gets injured picking his nose. Great player yes but not sitting in the stand.

Didn't know it was Ashley that sold him..

Ashley might not have sold him but as owner of Newcastle he had options - could have bought him for more than Brentford paid, or bought him with a buy back if/when we were promoted or even bought him and loaned him back to us. He could easily have helped us out instead of standing idly by as we sold our best prospect and then pledged most of the money to Newcastle for 4 crocks and one player. His hands were all over the deal!!!!!!!

If we could bring him back in the summer I'd love to see us go for it. Great young player. I'd rather have him that Allan.

Would much rather Allan, far more direct and exciting. Tbh, I never fully got it with Lewis, and I always thought Barrie McKay was the better player. However, I know I am pretty much alone in this thinking.