Tottenham Sack Ramos, Appoint Redknapp

52nCountin

As somebody who is pretty much an outsider looking in, I think Comolli is actually getting a lot of unfair stick.

He handled the whole Berbatove situation horribly. That should have been done and dusted in July IMO.

However he has managed to bring in some very decent youngsters: Danny Rose, Chris Gunter, Garteh Bale, John Bostock, Oscar Jansson, dos Santoos, Dean Parrett and Paul-Jose Mpoku.

And despite the massive wages that these players were obviously offered, he surely deserves credit for managing to attract Champions League class players like Hutton, Gomes, Modric, Bentley, Woodgate, Modric & Pavlyuchkenko to White Hart Lane in the first place?

As I said he's getting a lot of stick now, but when these players gel are people going to ackowledge the role he played in making sure these guys actually ended up Spurs players at all? Or is it all going to be down to Redknapp?

Time will tell if these youngsters come good. The established two from that list, Dos Santos and Bale, are two players that have never really done it for me. Dos Santos is a player i just don't rate and Bale has looked painfully average since moving there from Southampton.

For me, paying £30M for Bent and Bentley was unforgivable, and there's no doubting that the money could have been better spent elsewhere. As well as paying over the odds for they two, there was also the cash he wasted on Kaboul, Rocha, Boateng, Taarabt and Dervite. Players like Zokora and Assou-Ekoutto have hardly set the heather alight for Spurs either.

I've heard that it was his dealings behind the scenes that upset Levy. Apparently Levy made it clear to him that Ramos simply had to have Sergio Garcia from Zaragoza, but Comolli failed to deliver. As if that wasn't frustrating enough for Ramos, Comolli also sold his best 3 strikers from under his feet, with no real replacement in mind.

I don't mean to paint Ramos out as the innocent picture in all of this, as he wasnt, but when you have someone as interfering as Comolli at your ear all the time, then your job is going to be tough.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only seen the highlights of the game today, but Mordic looked to be involved a lot more. Did 'Arry give him more freedom than Ramos?

He simply pushed him further up the park.

Ramos playing Modric at defensive mid was baffling to be honest.

Yes, all these expensive signings who looked tragic under Ramos looked completely different yesterday.

Modric finally playing like his price tag would dictate, Hutton being his attacking natural self, and even Pav looking good.

Spurs don't deserve their current plight and it's clear Ramos was a woeful manager for them.

Funny also how their DOF in particular got so many harsh criticisms on here yet he's still there and a new manager alone makes the difference.

Told you guys it was down to Ramos.

Comolli was sacked along with Ramos and his coaching staff.

I stand corrected. But I still say it's all Ramos' fault :lol:

For a start, an inability to speak English in the EPL is actually beyond ridiculous.

Only seen the highlights of the game today, but Mordic looked to be involved a lot more. Did 'Arry give him more freedom than Ramos?

Yes, all these expensive signings who looked tragic under Ramos looked completely different yesterday.

Modric finally playing like his price tag would dictate, Hutton being his attacking natural self, and even Pav looking good.

Spurs don't deserve their current plight and it's clear Ramos was a woeful manager for them.

Funny also how their DOF in particular got so many harsh criticisms on here yet he's still there and a new manager alone makes the difference.

For a start, an inability to speak English in the EPL is actually beyond ridiculous.

Spot on Danny, that was a joke.

Can't believe he never learned it quicker.

As somebody who is pretty much an outsider looking in, I think Comolli is actually getting a lot of unfair stick.

He handled the whole Berbatove situation horribly. That should have been done and dusted in July IMO.

However he has managed to bring in some very decent youngsters: Danny Rose, Chris Gunter, Garteh Bale, John Bostock, Oscar Jansson, dos Santoos, Dean Parrett and Paul-Jose Mpoku.

And despite the massive wages that these players were obviously offered, he surely deserves credit for managing to attract Champions League class players like Hutton, Gomes, Modric, Bentley, Woodgate, Modric & Pavlyuchkenko to White Hart Lane in the first place?

As I said he's getting a lot of stick now, but when these players gel are people going to ackowledge the role he played in making sure these guys actually ended up Spurs players at all? Or is it all going to be down to Redknapp?

Time will tell if these youngsters come good. The established two from that list, Dos Santos and Bale, are two players that have never really done it for me. Dos Santos is a player i just don't rate and Bale has looked painfully average since moving there from Southampton.

For me, paying £30M for Bent and Bentley was unforgivable, and there's no doubting that the money could have been better spent elsewhere. As well as paying over the odds for they two, there was also the cash he wasted on Kaboul, Rocha, Boateng, Taarabt and Dervite. Players like Zokora and Assou-Ekoutto have hardly set the heather alight for Spurs either.

I've heard that it was his dealings behind the scenes that upset Levy. Apparently Levy made it clear to him that Ramos simply had to have Sergio Garcia from Zaragoza, but Comolli failed to deliver. As if that wasn't frustrating enough for Ramos, Comolli also sold his best 3 strikers from under his feet, with no real replacement in mind.

I don't mean to paint Ramos out as the innocent picture in all of this, as he wasnt, but when you have someone as interfering as Comolli at your ear all the time, then your job is going to be tough.

Yes, but at the same time he was there while Jol was and Jol never had Spurs in as dire a plight as Ramos did.

True, it was cringeworthy seeing him stutter his way through press conferences.

I think Balague sums it up well in his column. He basically said that once it started to go wrong, Ramos should have reverted back to traditional British tactics and to what the players know best. He didn't, and many of the players just weren't having it.