More Delusional P**h from Ronnie Culley

Marinos ready to bet shirt on Naka

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2463527.0.0.php

by Ronnie Cully

SALES of football shirts alone would recoup the millions Yokohama Marinos are about to bid to bring Shunsuke Nakamura back to Japan in January.

The J-league club believe it would be similar to the situation when sales of David Beckham shirts paid for the England star's move to Real Madrid.

Marinos have a transfer budget of around £6.5million and admitted today they are just awaiting the green light from sponsors Nissan Motors to make their multi-million-pound offer to Celtic.

Even though the 30-year-old would be a free agent in June, Marinos are prepared to pay top dollar for him now because they are confident they would make millions from his return.

In fact, financial analysts in Japan have calculated that by bringing Naka back to the club where his senior career took off, a staggerring £90m will be injected into the club and the local economy in just two years.

rofl.gif

looks like the Yokohama Marinos have borrowed the seville calculator of celtic :rolleyes:

90 million in 2 years think someone is pulling their chain, the difference between beckham and the dug muncher is that beckham is a global brand.

There's a Japanese guy in my uni course, who has just came over to Scotland. He follows football over there, but says the hype over Nakamura is blown out of proportions here. No-one really cares that much.

There's a Japanese guy in my uni course, who has just came over to Scotland. He follows football over there, but says the hype over Nakamura is blown out of proportions here. No-one really cares that much.

I've heard this too.

Aren't there two bigger name players? Junichi Inamoto and Hidetoshi Nakata?

I think Kotoshogiku Kazuhiro and Hakuho Sho is more appropriate.

I may be several years out of date there. :D

The Japanese to appear to indulge in very short term fads.

If Nakamura goes, they'll only lose about £25 per annum from the Japanese market. :D

Celtic have stated that they hope to persuade the midfielder to stay with the club until the end of the season, while at the same time acknowledging his wish to return home.

The player's current contract runs out at the end the season and any transfer fee is likely to be between £1m and £2m.

Nakamura says his agent, Roberto Takuda, had been speaking with a number of J-League clubs about a possible transfer

"Multi-million" indeed.

The Evening Times historically always had a Rangers man covering Rangers games (Alan Davidson, Darrell King) and a tim doing the scum stuff (Cully).

Both Davidson and King had and have the ability to be impartial and fair. Cully makes no attempt to do that, and basically acts like like a raging tim with a typewriter.

I think Kotoshogiku Kazuhiro and Hakuho Sho is more appropriate.

I may be several years out of date there. :D

The Japanese to appear to indulge in very short term fads.

If Nakamura goes, they'll only lose about £25 per annum from the Japanese market. :D

I should think the whole Nakata thing is now well and truly past. He was massive when I was there in 2003/04.

As for Nakamura, its not the world recession that will stop $90m flowing into the economy when he returns. Its the fact that he will have failed to make much of an impact at all in top level European football (CL in particular).

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-20849905/

Yokohama Marinos set to bid £1.5m for Celtic ace Shunsuke Nakamura

Oct 29 2008

YOKOHAMA MARINOS are set to table a s1.5million bid for Shunsuke Nakamura.

The move could come as early as next week after parent company Nissan gave the J-League outfit the go-ahead to splash the cash.

Nakamura confirmed to Japanese journalists yesterday that his agent, Roberto Takuda, will jet into Glasgow next week to outline the offer and try to negotiate the move.

After more than three years in Scotland, Nakamura wants to return to Japan and Marinos for family reasons.

Celtic are keen to keep the 30-year-old but his deal ends in the summer and they won't risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

A Marinos spokesman said: "We had to wait for permission from our parent company but now everything is in place to try to sign the player."

Nakamura made his debut for Yokohama in 1997 and played almost 150 games for them up until 2002.

The Japanese international has always said that when he returns to Japan, Marinos are the only club he would join.

Another major player in the potential deal is said to be sportswear giant Nike, which manufactures both the Celtic and Marinos shirts.

They realise Nakamura helps sell a lot of merchandise both in Scotland and in his homeland and are said to be monitoring the situation.

Meanwhile, Celtic are not giving up hope that Georgios Samaras could play against Manchester United in next week's Champions League tie.

But boss Gordon Strachan could have Scott McDonald as his only fit striker for tonight's Co-operative Insurance Cup tie at Kilmarnock.

He might not risk Cillian Sheridan in case he needs him for the fireworks against United on November 5.

Strachan said: "Samaras is the only one of our injured forwards who could make the game against United.

"I won't push him to play just as I won't force Cillian to turn out against Kilmarnock.

"He has been troubled by injury on and off for 18 months and sometimes you have to protect the boy while his body is developing."

Thats more like, i personally dont think he is worth 1.5m