Ronaldo voted best player in the world.

CF5LOYAL

cant really argue with that, although messi probly wud av won it if he wasnt injured

Ahead of some one who scored 42 goals last season, won the Premier League and the European cup. Scored some massive goals, scored in the final.

Ronaldo deserves any awards he gets.

Diver of the year?

cant really argue with that, although messi probly wud av won it if he wasnt injured

Ahead of some one who scored 42 goals last season, won the Premier League and the European cup. Scored some massive goals, scored in the final.

Diver of the year?

I wish Rangers had diver of the year..

You are right he did have an unbeleivable season and he is no doubt a great player. So yes he is World Player of the Year.... but the best player on the planet? Given a choice I would rather have Messidona. If the wee man played in the EPL he would have a field day.

The wee man looks too frail to me to play in the EPL. That, and it's just different going playing vs. Almeria where you have dribbling space and @ Stoke where they're gonna slap you some 6ft 200lbs goon who is intent on breaking your legs.

The wee man looks too frail to me to play in the EPL. That, and it's just different going playing vs. Almeria where you have dribbling space and @ Stoke where they're gonna slap you some 6ft 200lbs goon who is intent on breaking your legs.

He would be too fast and agile for them ;)

He'd pass them three times and get hammered for the fourth. I've seen those bush tactics all too often.

He'd pass them three times and get hammered for the fourth. I've seen those bush tactics all too often.

Robinho seems to be doing not too bad but and his build is very similar to Messi. It would be interesting to see how Messi would do in the EPL.

Outwith the "top four" the standard of the rest of the EPL is pretty poor compared to la liga. You just have to look at how the english teams are getting on in the UEFA Cup, Everton and Blackburn out, Spurs and Pompey gubbed. Villa had a good result against probably Ajax' poorest team for many a decade.

he deserves his award as best player in the world. messi may be more skillfull but his all round game isnt as good as ronaldo's. when did you last see messi win a header?

when messi carries barcelona to winning the champions leage and la liga you can say he's better than ronaldo

The award for him was fully deserved, and this is coming from a La Liga fanboy.

Messi would be a hit in the EPL, of that i have no doubt. However, he'd struggle to match the performances that Ronaldo turned in for Utd last season. Infact, i'd be surprised if anyone bettered the season that Ronaldo had in 07/08 in the next 20 years or so.

It's been an absolute pleasure to watch Ronaldo over the past year. His sheer speed, strength, skill and aerial power has made him into not just the most feared wingers in the world, but one of the most feared wingers of all time.

Robinho seems to be doing not too bad but and his build is very similar to Messi. It would be interesting to see how Messi would do in the EPL.

We will see if the sand dancer manages to keep his performances up for City. Robinho is prone to having 3 or 4 good months per season.

Outwith the "top four" the standard of the rest of the EPL is pretty poor compared to la liga. You just have to look at how the english teams are getting on in the UEFA Cup, Everton and Blackburn out, Spurs and Pompey gubbed. Villa had a good result against probably Ajax' poorest team for many a decade.

last year or the year before I think it may have been (or both), english clubs topped their uefa cup groups and so did we when we were in it

I was only amazed the out of form Kaka was in the team of the year.

But as for Ron - meh, he had an incredible season last year albeit a pretty average Euros. Probably deserved the award.

How about Ronaldo for the 'slimiest, most offensively arrogant cheating bastard' of the year award.

Spot on m8 - if Ronaldo lost that aspect to his game, Then he might deserve to get this award.

Until he stops Divin everytime someone looks at him , he'll just be a talented CHEAT - imo