Is there a 'best player in the world'?

Danny

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are allowed to believe that a GK can be the best in the world right? I honestlly think Casillas is the best in the world...

Def: John Terry

Mid: Kaka

Fwd: David Villa... :blush:

Why the blush after David Villa? He is by far and away the most destructive striker in the world at the moment.

Casillas is gash ya nutter

Oh dear. Do you watch a lot of Spanish football?

I honestlly thought that nobody else here would think he was better than Ronaldo, Messi, Torres, Rooney etc, etc.

Lol, Casillas is gash up fron I guess yeah :rolleyes:

I cannot believe that deco has been mentioned as the best footballer in the world. there are plenty of players currently better than him = gerrard, pirlo, xavi, iniesta etc and they are only ones i mention in his position. then you have torres, ronaldo, kaka, messi, villa, silva, rooney, berbatov, sneijder, van der vaart etc etc etc

Are you seriously suggesting Pirlo is currently better than Deco?

1: Pirlo's injured.

2: Last time he played well was against France in 2006.

To dismiss Deco is outright ignorance.

Are you suggesting deco is playing the best football of his life right now?

He's the best player in England by form right now.

Im merely suggesting that Pirlo, at points in his career, has been/is better than deco. Its just when most people think of the greatest players in the world, deco isnt the obvious choice and barely ever mentioned. but ive never seen him in real life so who am i to judge!

But I'm only meaning right now.

Deco's not the most in form player in England right now. He was woeful against Liverpool.

Ronaldo's looking back to him imperious best tonight, and Rooney's hit a major purple patch.

I do think that Deco is severely under-rated though.

We are allowed to believe that a GK can be the best in the world right? I honestlly think Casillas is the best in the world...

Why the blush after David Villa? He is by far and away the most destructive striker in the world at the moment.

Casillas is gash ya nutter

Oh dear. Do you watch a lot of Spanish football?

Or any Football...?

Is there any need for a condescending, belittling, patronising comment like this on a football forum? Let us show each other some respect please.

I cannot believe that deco has been mentioned as the best footballer in the world. there are plenty of players currently better than him = gerrard, pirlo, xavi, iniesta etc and they are only ones i mention in his position. then you have torres, ronaldo, kaka, messi, villa, silva, rooney, berbatov, sneijder, van der vaart etc etc etc

Are you seriously suggesting Pirlo is currently better than Deco?

1: Pirlo's injured.

2: Last time he played well was against France in 2006.

To dismiss Deco is outright ignorance.

Are you suggesting deco is playing the best football of his life right now?

He's the best player in England by form right now.

Im merely suggesting that Pirlo, at points in his career, has been/is better than deco. Its just when most people think of the greatest players in the world, deco isnt the obvious choice and barely ever mentioned. but ive never seen him in real life so who am i to judge!

But I'm only meaning right now.

Deco's not the most in form player in England right now. He was woeful against Liverpool.

Ronaldo's looking back to him imperious best tonight, and Rooney's hit a major purple patch.

I do think that Deco is severely under-rated though.

I was kinda meaning overall this whole season up till now. I didn't mean 'the last game only'.

And yes he is. Like I say, Chelsea players like Cole have apparently said he's the best player they ever played with. And remember Cole has played alongside Bergkamp and Henry.

As for Liverpool - I heard he didn't have a great one indeed.

His value is 40M. He is truly up there with the best. Joint top scorer in Spain with Eto'o.

And was the POTT at the Euros for me even if Iniesta and Xavi won that award from various sources.

I wouldn't say far and away the best though - Torres is magnificent imo - and has every right to be classed with the best.

Deco is the best player in the world because of his performances in the EPL, well does that make Geovanni now one of the best players in the world? :craphead:

Deco is a quality player but not in the same class as Ronaldo, Messi and Kaka. Lampard is on fire just now but again was outshone by Gerrard at the weekend. Lamps is a great player but Gerrard just edges him imo.

Hard to split them 3 because one will have a great game then he is the best, then another will have a great game and so on.

Deco is the best player in the world because of his performances in the EPL, well does that make Geovanni now one of the best players in the world? :craphead:

I wouldn't say Deco's the best player in the world, but I would say he's among the elite group of players who are in the upper 10-20 player bracket who make a claim for it.

Deco is a quality player but not in the same class as Ronaldo, Messi and Kaka. Lampard is on fire just now but again was outshone by Gerrard at the weekend. Lamps is a great player but Gerrard just edges him imo.

Hard to split them 3 because one will have a great game then he is the best, then another will have a great game and so on.

Basically my point. And you don't even include guys like Iniesta, Xavi, Torres, Villa, even Arshavin who all have a massive claim to be considered up there.

I suppose if pushed it would probably come down to the 3 you mention. Mind you, I don't recall the last time Kaka had a great game. Been off form for some time now.

I wouldn't say Deco's the best player in the world, but I would say he's among the elite group of players who are in the upper 10-20 player bracket who make a claim for it.

Basically my point. And you don't even include guys like Iniesta, Xavi, Torres, Villa, even Arshavin who all have a massive claim to be considered up there.

I suppose if pushed it would probably come down to the 3 you mention. Mind you, I don't recall the last time Kaka had a great game. Been off form for some time now.

You said Deco was better than Ronaldo on about your third post in this thread!

Depends on what position you consider the best comes from, can you compare the Real Madrid goalie to the Man Utd divin Portugese forward, Totti or Robinho, Terry or Torres, there are so many good players in so many different positions it is har to choose.