some poor guy will be over a cliff by now

minstral

some poor guy on betfair put 800,thousand pounds on arsenal to win 1000 pounds with i minute to go, and i bet he is over a cliff, and the other guy is made for life.

Am I reading that right.....£800,000 bet to win £1000??? Surely not. <cr>

I thought that anaw :lol:

some poor guy on betfair put 800,thousand pounds on arsenal to win 1000 pounds with i minute to go, and i bet he is over a cliff, and the other guy is made for life.

I'm trying to work out the odds for that...it would be 1/800,000 Surely Spurs aint that bad! :lol:

I'm trying to work out the odds for that...it would be 1/800,000 Surely Spurs aint that bad! :lol:

1/8000 I think

nah, it would've been 1/800 with 1 minute to go thats possible

1/8000 I think

doh Of course!

:lol: Hope it was Hartson!! :lol:

yes thats right he thought it was easy money to make, can you imagine him right now.

He must have it to spend though.

Still, 800000 is a big dent in the wallet. All for the small gain of 1000. Poor guy.

thats what i thought kev, but its greed risking all that money to win 1000 pounds, but you would think it was easy money with a minute to go. :lol:

yes thats right he thought it was easy money to make, can you imagine him right now.

He must have it to spend though.

Still, 800000 is a big dent in the wallet. All for the small gain of 1000. Poor guy.

Thats probably how he makes his money

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Sorry mate, but youre mistaken. Its impossible that those figures are correct. The lowest price you can bet on with Betfair is 1.01. Therefore, to win £1000 he would only have to bet £100,000 (lol- only). Unless he really did bet 800,000, which would have won him £8000