Sir Bobby Robson

Saw a bit about him on the news last night and he didn't look too well. Lost almost all his hair because of the radiotherapy treatment he has been receiving for his cancer.

But in true Robson style he was upbeat and joking about it. I really dont think he will be with us for much longer but you have to admire the guy for his courage and attitude towards it all.

one of footballs finest characters.

One of footballs true gents, his book is a facinating read, he won titles in Holland,Spain and Portugal if my memory serves me, and had provintial

Ipswich playing probably the best football this country has seen, i also seen that on the news last night, sad but he was so upbeat not inviting sympathy, even the great are not immortal.

A wonderful man and an inspirational character. His love of the coaching field showed wherever he coached and at all levels from kids to professionals.

The fact that Sir Alex gave a speech and an award to him at the BBC, who he refuses to talk to, shows how highly regarded he is.

What did he slag us off for?

Winding up Captain Shearer.

Shearer was tucked in Boumsong's back pocket and didn't like it, reacted violently.

Cue 15k bears chanting 'Alan Shearer you're a wanker' without a break till Robson took him off, in turn before the Ref sent him off.

Robson ranted a bit about disgusting obscenities and the like, pure humour bypass stuff.

Shearer wasn't bothered though (although it was getting to him at the time).

Agreed Radioactive

He's a true gent and a very loyal Newcastle fan - broke my heart when he was sacked as manager (Toon are my 2nd team)

Get well soon Sir Bobby, he's overcome cancer 4 times already and has the strength to do it again :)

Agreed Radioactive

He's a true gent and a very loyal Newcastle fan - broke my heart when he was sacked as manager (Toon are my 2nd team)

Get well soon Sir Bobby, he's overcome cancer 4 times already and has the strength to do it again :)

It was a ridiculous sacking, Newcastle haven't been stable since.

Saw a bit about him on the news last night and he didn't look too well. Lost almost all his hair because of the radiotherapy treatment he has been receiving for his cancer.

But in true Robson style he was upbeat and joking about it. I really dont think he will be with us for much longer but you have to admire the guy for his courage and attitude towards it all.

one of footballs finest characters.

:clap: I agree he was a great manager. Hope he bouncies back.