Carlton Cole To The Tims

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/608840/Celtic-target-Carlton-Cole-suffers-injury-setback

CARLTON COLE’S proposed move to Celtic could be in jeopardy after the former England striker suffered an injury in training at Lennoxtown yesterday.

The 31-year-old was back at the training centre after discussions continued between chief executive Peter Lawwell and the player’s agent.

However, after looking sharp in the session he was helped off with a calf injury, although it is unclear how serious it is.

The former Chelsea and West Ham attacker, a free agent, is also thought to be mulling over a lucrative move to Qatar.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently he's knocking back Sunderland, Bournemouth and Bolton to try something different and the lure of European football to sign for the tarriers.

Its something different playing for them that's for sure.

They'll probably be out by the time he can play :lol:

"Well, if nobody else is coming in for me and it's now late October, I may as well take any opportunity to keep my career alive."

Certainly looks that way, an act of desperation from both club and player. The question now is who will they be trying to off load in January to try and balance the books?