Scum Youth Player Walks Free After Glassing A Bear

soulboy

I've not read the story but how can you get a four month prison sentence for singing a song, but getting away with physically scarring and attacking someone? That's fucking lunacy.

Just read the story and it said 3 witnesses saw the scum player do it and jury decided not proven

Shocking story. It really is.

Family of teenager left scarred for life by bottle attack hit out at justice system as slasher walks free
CAMERON Wood, 18, was left close to death after being attacked by a 17-year-old football starlet and his parents believe he was badly let down by the courts.

JS72995845.jpg
Cameron Woods who was badly assualted at a New year's Eve party

YOUNG Cameron Wood was millimetres from death when a football starlet smashed him in the face with a bottle.

But the thug got off scot-free while Cameron was left scarred for life and forced to relive his ordeal in court.

Yesterday, the 18-year-old claimed he got a raw deal compared to his attacker.

Police took a statement from Cameron after the attack but the first time prosecutors asked him about his ordeal was in court.

By contrast, the 17-year-old football protege in the dock had top legal representation and a jury found the assault charge against him not proven.

Cameron’s parents feel he has been savaged twice – physically by the bottle attack and mentally by the justice system.

Their son almost died in the attack at a Hogmanay party after he got into a scuffle.

JS72995926.jpgCameron shortly after the attack

Three youths – including the accused, who has represented his country, laid in wait for him and one hit him on the blind side with the Buckfast bottle, leaving massive wounds down his face that needed 60 stitches.

The scars are still vivid 10 months later and will never fully heal.

Cameron, an apprentice electrician from Bearsden, near Glasgow, believes the odds in court were stacked in favour of his attacker.

The hotly-tipped youth player hired a solicitor after he was accused of assault to severe injury and permanent disfigurement and his family paid for a leading advocate.

Throughout the three-day trial at Dumbarton Sheriff Court, he was represented by John Scullion QC – who recently appeared for Alexander Pacteau when he was jailed for life for the murder of Irish student Karen Buckley.

Cameron said: “I gave a statement at the time and I didn’t speak to anyone officially about it until I appeared in court to give evidence.

“The guy in the dock had all the time to run through his statements and prepare a defence. I had to remember what happened from the night and in the cross-examination, I was made out to be the criminal.

“I gave evidence for an hour and spent another couple of hours being cross-examined.

“The lawyer kept insisting I was drunk and aggressive and it was all my fault. It was a terrible experience and I can’t believe that it was all for nothing.”

JS72995856.jpgCameron Woods believes the odds in court were stacked in favour of his attacker

Cameron now believes the not proven verdict should be scrapped. He said: “It seems to allow a jury to let people off the hook even if they think they are almost certainly guilty.

“It feels like a real slap in the face and the guy who did this must think it’s his lucky day. I feel disgusted with the system.”

Cameron now worries about people judging him for his scars when he is looking for work.

He said: “I don’t want people to look at me and think I’m the kind of person to get involved in stuff like this.”

Cameron’s mother Lorraine, a bank worker, was so traumatised by her son’s experience that she was given counselling.

And she was appalled to learn that the fiscal would rely on statements given to police at the time of the attack.

She said: “Three independent witnesses came forward to say they saw this boy hit him with the bottle. It missed his jugular artery by millimetres and he could easily be dead just now.

“I told him repeatedly that he would get justice and be able to put this behind him but now we’ve got this disgusting verdict we are back to square one.

“We’re stuck with this injustice with no right to appeal.

“Surely Cameron should have been brought in to speak to a fiscal to prepare the case. He was left to feel he didn’t matter.”

JS72995838.jpgCameron Woods with his dad Andrew

Lorraine claimed everyone in the court knew what happened on the night of the attack.

She said: “There was a boy put in the frame by witnesses and there is no doubt that Cameron was hit savagely by a bottle.

“Cameron didn’t hit himself so I know how that looks. The boy got away with it.”

The youngster accused of the attack was also charged with perverting the course of justice but that charge was dropped.

Scots law recently changed, meaning the media are forbidden from naming 17-year-olds facing criminal proceedings.

And prosecutors are now obliged to disclose details gained from witnesses to defence lawyers prior to any trial.

But a legal insider said crime victims have the right to read their witness statement prior to a trial. He added: “Many would gain confidence by refreshing their memories on statements they made months before in very stressed circumstances.”

You would think that if this incident was independently witnessed but the jury or some of it dismissed the witness evidence

then it must have been considered unreliable,

If the prosecution, on the other hand, considered the witnesses to be relaible then they must demand a re-trial or advise /assist the victim's family to sue for damages in a civil court.

As the boys mum says, he didn't do it himself, one of the three must be guilty, You'd think the law could at least charge them all if one is denying it

I thought there was a law that says you can be guilty by association

If this was my child scared for life by a coward I'd be looking to cripple the cunt.

No, pretty sure there isn't. There'd have to be proof that they were actually involved in the crime in some way.

Aid, abet, council, procure or incite are the things that you need to do to be 'art and part'.

Keeping schtum in regards to the involvement of someone isn't an offence either. Morally suspect in this case, but then the mhankies have form for that (see the wee boy glassed as mentioned above), but not an offence.

I'd hope anyone in that kind of circumstance would see that this kind of shit is too far to be using the 'no grassing' morality.

These cunts seem to circle the wagons as long as it's a RANGERS supporter who's on the receiving end. They are now running the justice system to suit themselves. We had a bheggar who assaulted 3 separate coppers on 3 separate occasions and was still allowed to play football during having a tag fitted. A young lad sang a song about fenians and he ends up doing 4 month. We really need to get organised people before this gets worse.

As the boys mum says, he didn't do it himself, one of the three must be guilty, You'd think the law could at least charge them all if one is denying it

If this was my child scared for life by a coward I'd be looking to cripple the cunt.

I think the "Joint Enterprise" is an English law and the Scottish one is "Common Purpose".

Is joint enterprise a 'lazy law'?
  • 24 April 2013
  • From the sectionUK
_56049036_009030048-1.jpgImage captionSofyen Belamouadden suffered nine stab wounds in the attack in March 2010

The decision that Junior Bayode will not face a retrial for a schoolboy's murder at London's Victoria Station marks the end of a case which saw an unprecedented use of a law called joint enterprise.

Some 20 teenagers originally faced murder charges following the 2010 murder of Sofyen Belamouadden under a law increasingly being used to tackle gang violence.

After four trials lasting 21 months, three have been convicted of murder, five of manslaughter, including Bayode, 12 of lesser charges and three cleared.

The case is the latest example of how the law of joint enterprise can be deployed to successfully prosecute crimes involving large numbers of people.

But some campaigners argue the law is a "lazy" option for prosecutors and can lead to miscarriages of justice.

The centuries-old law allows a whole group of people to be prosecuted for the differing roles they played in a murder. There is a version of the law in Scotland, although it is applied slightly differently.

Historically, joint enterprise helped authorities deal with duels, enabling them to prosecute the duellers, their supporters and doctors who treated the wounded.

To make a normal murder charge stick, prosecutors need to prove the defendant intended to kill.

But the terms of joint enterprise are different - and at the heart of it is the concept of foresight.

Prosecutors must prove the defendants were involved in some kind of common criminal enterprise and, in the course of their actions, the individuals could have foreseen that one member of the group might kill or inflict serious harm.

I've heard it called a lazy law and that we're just scooping people up, but it's a painstaking account of everyone who has been involved Metropolitan Police Commander Simon Foy

In other words, if three friends were walking down the road and one stabbed a passer-by, the others could not be prosecuted if they genuinely had no idea that their companion was carrying a knife or intended to use it.

But if the trio looked for trouble, and each person knew that one of them was carrying a knife as a weapon, then each could be convicted over its use because they could have foreseen the consequences.

The most well-known and controversial conviction involving joint enterprise was that of Derek Bentley in 1952, for the murder of a policeman.

He was convicted of the shooting and subsequently hanged. But he did not pull the trigger and the killer was too young to be sentenced to death.

Bentley was in fact convicted on his disputed words - "Let him have it" - and on the joint enterprise principle that he could have foreseen the outcome. After a long campaign, the Court of Appeal quashed the conviction in 1998.

A more recent case went all the way to the House of Lords.

Cases involving joint enterprise
  • Three convicted for murder of Garry Newlove
  • Three convicted for murder of Shakilus Townsend
  • Four convicted for killing Tyrone Clarke

Who is locked up under joint enterprise?

In 2004, Tyrone Clarke was stabbed to death in a gang fight in Leeds - and four men were convicted of his murder. They lost their appeal after the Law Lords concluded they could be found guilty by joint enterprise, even though there was no evidence that any of the four had inflicted the fatal injuries.

The legislation has been used increasingly in recent years to deal with knife crime among teenage gangs as it allows police to cast a net widely and deal with walls of silence.

Metropolitan Police Commander Simon Foy said this was a reflection of detectives' growing experience in investigating such murders.

"I've heard it called a lazy law and that we're just scooping people up, but it's a painstaking account of everyone who has been involved. That description is not accurate," he says.

But campaign group Joint Enterprise Not Guilty by Association (Jengba) says the law promotes miscarriages of justice. It has been approached by 338 people who say they have been wrongfully convicted.

"Many of whom are serving life sentences for something they did not do, did not foresee what was going to happen nor intend to happen, but have been convicted by an archaic law that is being abused to get convictions and not justice," co-ordinator Gloria Morrison says.

You can find out more about the history and development of the law of joint enterprise by listening to this BBC Radio 4 Law in Action programme from 2009.

If he and his family have the will and the funds it would seem they shouldn't take this lying down.

Alas, in court it's not about truth or justice but about the evidence presented by both sides. Seem the prosecution let him down here.

They now need to find some evidence that his trial was not fair in respect of due process or or his human rights and/or get new evidence to support a new criminal trial or a civil claim for damages.

I'd be raging and wouldn't give up until it everything was against me legally.

These cunts seem to circle the wagons as long as it's a RANGERS supporter who's on the receiving end. They are now running the justice system to suit themselves. We had a bheggar who assaulted 3 separate coppers on 3 separate occasions and was still allowed to play football during having a tag fitted. A young lad sang a song about fenians and he ends up doing 4 month. We really need to get organised people before this gets worse.

That about sums it up.

The vast majority of our support has sung the song the boy was jailed for yet we all accepted the sentence without doing anything to challenge it.

As for this young thug I would be interested to know who paid for the expensive lawyers.

They've managed to pressure the media, who were, it has to be said, rather compliant to being pressured, into the double standard.

You are spot on with their ability to circle the wagons, but this is because they've consciously developed a victim mentality out of their Irish, Catholic, immigrant, republican "identity" while relishing in their main sport of Rangers hunting.

We've been loathe to stoop to their level and play the victim card.

Well you know what, we now are the victims and if we do not develop a level of activism, then we'll be expressing our outrage to each other on a forum for years to come, but with little effect on the events that define our world.

When a child and a 17 year old can be bottled with impunity, we really should treat that as a wake up call.