Hahahahahahahahaha

Pierre van Hooijdonk says former club Celtic could win the Champions League if they were part of a British league.

The notion of a league incorporating Rangers and Celtic with English sides was raised again this week by Celtic majority shareholder Dermot Desmond.

Dutchman Van Hooijdonk, 45, played as a striker for Celtic from 1995 to 1997 before joining Nottingham Forest.

"I hope that it happens," he said. "Celtic is a club capable of taking it to another level."

Van Hooijdonk, who played 46 times for the Netherlands and scored 14 international goals, believes the sheer size of the Celtic fan-base would mean the club would be able to compete with the top English sides and propel them to success in Europe.

"They will grow if they have the chance to join a British league," he explained.

"I'm sure if they had the opportunity to join the Championship tomorrow, they would do it.

"And then in five years I am positive they would be challenging for the title in the Premier League just because of the fact they are able to grow and the money that comes from the television is so much they can spend it on the right players.

"If you are challenging for the Premier League title, when you have the system where you have the four teams competing in the Champions League then they have a really good chance.

"I certainly do believe - and I said it already in the days I was playing here - if they have the opportunity to join the English league without a doubt they are going to be one of the main forces in the league."

Now a players' agent, Van Hooijdonk was in Glasgow this week to watchCeltic draw with another of his former clubs, Fenerbahce, in the Europa League.

And, asked if Celtic could win the Champions League if they were part of a British set-up, the Dutchman replied: "Yes, because of the fact they get more money. That is the most important thing. With the fan-base behind it, it's going to be crazy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34426210

Up ye :D

Honestly what planet do these people live on? they couldn't even beat Malmo to make it to the Champions League or Legia Warsaw/Maribor last year and have played 2 games and got 2 points from the worst Ajax team in my lifetime and maybe even the worst Fenerbache team too (despite the millions they've spent)

Something happens to people when they go to the Piggery...it changes them, always for the worse.

They might go in sensible, but they come out all snarling and bitter.

Bizarre.

Scott Brown....dunno bout sensible though....he has that " squirt short of a piss" look about him

reminds me of Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket

He's right. This applies to us too.

Exactly mate, he's not wrong at all!

Both ourselves and Celtic have a massive appeal and fan base with the only the Scottish league cash holding us back.

You put both teams in the EPL and give us both the TV money, increased sponsorship revenue, gate revenue, merchandise deals and revenue and in no time Ourselves and Celtic would be challenging all the way to the top as we'd be attracting a ridiculous level of player.

Exactly mate, he's not wrong at all!

Both ourselves and Celtic have a massive appeal and fan base with the only the Scottish league cash holding us back.

You put both teams in the EPL and give us both the TV money, increased sponsorship revenue, gate revenue, merchandise deals and revenue and in no time Ourselves and Celtic would be challenging all the way to the top as we'd be attracting a ridiculous level of player.

Spot on

Why do they pay so much attention to what big Pierre says, he's the c**t that went on strike cos he wanted out so badly. Make out he's a legend and get his little sound bites about how great celtic are, if they're so great why did he pull a snide trick to force a transfer.

They'd still be shite anyway.