Brendan Sacked!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clubs aren't going to be coming in with big money for Warburton anytime soon. They could have had him free in the summer.

He'll need to go on and achieve something with us first.

Yep. I'm convinced giving time Warburton can do something with us that will put him on the radar of EPL teams.

Yep. I'm convinced giving time Warburton can do something with us that will put him on the radar of EPL teams.

Think the only thing that would put MW on the radar of the top EPL teams would be a run to the quarter or semi finals of the Champions League. Whatever he does domestically up here will be overlooked because they just don't rate our game.

Not complaining though - their loss.

All these EP managers getting the bump gives me the fear of them coming in with big money for Warburton. If and if as they say Rangers are needing money to get through the season will they sell ? As I see it with his style of play and ability to put bums on seats being entertained on how every supporter wants to see their team play its a worry. Momey talks in every walk of life and managers always strive to be able to play with the best footballers and have the right funds to do as they want in getting the players they like in .

:lol:

Don't worry, there is absolutely no chance we'll be losing Warburton to an EPL side this season or even next unless he achieves something absolutely glorious.

Think the only thing that would put MW on the radar of the top EPL teams would be a run to the quarter or semi finals of the Champions League. Whatever he does domestically up here will be overlooked because they just don't rate our game.

is that the same for alex neil who went from hamilton ro norwich. Yea Norwich isn't liverpool but it just shows clubs look for the next big thing in football. If neil can get a E P L team with one good season with a club like Hamilton who are fuck all and will win fuck all don't count out Warburton getting looked at. As I says hes known and highly thought of in English football and if I was in charge at liverpool etc. I'd take a punt only thing that would concern me is lack of European knowledge. But thats the only chance I'd take. Make no mistake about ut Warburton has his team playing like real madrid 2 at the back and attack so what would he achieve with better players at his disposal ?

Oh I dunno mate. Not saying it would be Man Utd or the like but if he came up here, spent significantly less than his predecessors (plural, not a dig at Ally) and was equally, if not more, successful I think a few teams would be having a look.

is that the same for alex neil who went from hamilton ro norwich. Yea Norwich isn't liverpool but it just shows clubs look for the next big thing in football. If neil can get a E P L team with one good season with a club like Hamilton who are fuck all and will win fuck all don't count out Warburton getting looked at. As I says hes known and highly thought of in English football and if I was in charge at liverpool etc. I'd take a punt only thing that would concern me is lack of European knowledge. But thats the only chance I'd take. Make no mistake about ut Warburton has his team playing like real madrid 2 at the back and attack so what would he achieve with better players at his disposal ?

were norwich not a championship team ?

Just stop ffs

Norwich were in the Championship when they took on Neil so, by that token, they were not a top EPL team. Didn't say Warburton wouldn't come on any English team's radar but don't think there is much chance the top EPL teams will take him on.

Liverpool will be looking for a big name European manager to placate their fans. Even if they were to consider MW, I think they would view him and Rodgers to be too much of the same ilk.

Norwich were in the Championship when they took on Neil so, by that token, they were not a top EPL team. Didn't say Warburton wouldn't come on any English team's radar but don't think there is much chance the top EPL teams will take him on.

Liverpool will be looking for a big name European manager to placate their fans. Even if they were to consider MW, I think they would view him and Rodgers to be too much of the same ilk.

You're right my bad on the norwich side but stranger things have happened in football if not this year and he takes the spl and a cup next etc we will lose him not only hos brand of football but how he conducts himself off and on camera. Only thing that would stop it is him and his love and loyalty for the club and fans. We shall wait and see

Oh I dunno mate. Not saying it would be Man Utd or the like but if he came up here, spent significantly less than his predecessors (plural, not a dig at Ally) and was equally, if not more, successful I think a few teams would be having a look.

I don't disagree that there will be teams in the Championship say that may have a look at MW if he continues to enjoy success up here. Can only hope that the potential of taking Rangers into Europe would trump any such interest with him. Think there is less chance of EPL teams going for him, the top EPL teams almost always go for foreign managers, the lesser teams mostly look towards firefighter types (Pulis, Pardew, and the like)

Deluded tarriers are saying they'll take Rodgers to replace Dial A Bus :D

Re Warburton,,what he's doing up here with us is no different from what happens at a lot of clubs down there, it just seems so revolutionary to us because of the dinosaurs we've had in charge until now.