Vidic hates England

Scott-RFC

Nemanja Vidic has placed his long-term Manchester United future in doubt after criticising the English way of life and admitting that he hopes eventually to play in another European league.

In a frank interview - which United have since dismissed as inaccurate - the Serbian defender was scathing of the climate in Manchester, and said he had found it hard to adapt. "I will never stay to live in England, that's for sure," said Vidic, 26. "You get only a brief glimpse of sunlight before it's all cloudy again. The winters are mild, but in summer the temperatures seldom go higher than 20C. And it rains, rains, rains.

"In future, I would like to test myself in another top league. I'm thinking of Spain. At least there will be no reason to complain about the weather. In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

Vidic, who joined United from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, also had harsh words for the English approach to work. "It's not only the weather that I'm not happy about here," he told the Russian magazine Football Weekly. "In Russia and Serbia the people's way of life is similar. In England it's totally different. Here they just don't have time to feel the joy of life.

"Throughout the week they all work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch break. Then in the evening they come home and watch the telly, so they can get up early for work the next day.

"The only time to meet friends is at weekends, but for football players it's the busiest time of all. It was much easier for me to adapt to Russia than England. In England I had no one to talk to. The first month was especially hard. I lived alone in a hotel, which I left only for training. I thought I would go crazy inside those four walls."

Must be tough attracting players to Manchester, compared to Madrid, Barcelona, Milan or even London

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has denied blasting the Manchester weather and the English lifestyle.

Vidic conducted an interview with Russian football magazine Football Weekly, which hit the English headlines on Wednesday morning.

The central defender supposedly said: "In Manchester the main attraction is a timetable at the railway station where trains leave for less rainy cities!

"In England people don't have time to feel the joy of life. Throughout the week they work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch. Then in the evening they watch TV so they can get up early for work the next day."

Vidic has admitted that he did talk about the difficulties he had settling in England after his move to Old Trafford from Spartak Moscow in January 2006.

But he also says he's been misquoted or his remarks taken out of context.

He told United's official website: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

"I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?...ual_085020.html

Good God, I came into this thread and was about to post that he's denied the remarks when there was already a reply posted 30 seconds earlier...

That was a freaky moment.

Good God, I came into this thread and was about to post that he's denied the remarks when there was already a reply posted 30 seconds earlier...

That was a freaky moment.

The usefulness of having RSS feeds :mutley::)

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has denied blasting the Manchester weather and the English lifestyle.

Vidic conducted an interview with Russian football magazine Football Weekly, which hit the English headlines on Wednesday morning.

The central defender supposedly said: "In Manchester the main attraction is a timetable at the railway station where trains leave for less rainy cities!

"In England people don't have time to feel the joy of life. Throughout the week they work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch. Then in the evening they watch TV so they can get up early for work the next day."

Vidic has admitted that he did talk about the difficulties he had settling in England after his move to Old Trafford from Spartak Moscow in January 2006.

But he also says he's been misquoted or his remarks taken out of context.

He told United's official website: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

"I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?...ual_085020.html

Thats just damage limitation :pipe:

You think Fergie would let comments like that lie after the Ronaldo saga?