*****The Official Loan Watch Thread*****

AlBear.

Updated 8/11

LOAN PLAYERS STATS

McKay (raith rovers) - 5(1) App. 0 Goal. 1 Assist.

Gallagher (cowdenbeath) - 7 App. 3 Goals. 2 Assist.

Crawford (morton) - 7(2) App. 1 Goal. 1 Assist. 1 YC.

Gasparotto (airdrie) - 8 App. 2 Goal. 0 Assist. 2 CS.

Stoney (stranraer) - 2(8) App. 2 Goal. 1 Assist.

Walsh (stenhousemuir) - 4 App. 1 Goal. 1 Assist.

Halkett (clyde) - 5(1) App. 1 CS.

McAusland (Brechin) - 4(1) App. 3 Goal. 1 Assist. 1 CS.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoney didn't make it off the bench today. I know it's still early days, but I hope he features in future for them otherwise what was the point in him going onloan there? Great win to put out Falkirk by the way!

Crawford played the whole 90 as Morton crashed out to a late Alloa winner.

I think the time has come for Crawford and others to really make their mark during this period. If you remember how well McGregor at Dunfermline and Charlie Adam at St Mirren did then this is the benchmark. If they flit in and out the team and don't make a significant influence then their time at Rangers will be up. We will (hopefully) be back in the premier league next year so the time is nigh.

:Gasparotto:

Colin Patterson spoke with Airdrie manager Gary Bollan ahead of Gasparotto’s debut with the club.  Airdrie will throw out a brand new center-half pairing as Gasparotto is expected to line up aside Partick Thistle’s Ben Richards-Everton, who also joined the Diamonds on loan.

Bollan will rely on the pairing through January when their loans run out.

Bollan told Patterson, “Luca is a highly-regarded kid and needs to have more first-team game time.”

“We will provide that platform for him.  He is a different sort to Ben.  He likes to get the ball down and is really pacy.”

“Luca likes to head the ball and dominate his area and that’s what you want from your centre-halves.  Both these lads can play and we’re excited by the prospect of them playing together in whatever shape we go with at the back.”

“I think they will be both up for the challenge of League One football and looking to impress their parent clubs.  They will be watched by people from their own clubs.”

“If loan signings don’t show what they can do at a lower level, then there is no realistic chance of them going back and getting games for their parent clubs.”

“So it is vitally important that they show a good attitude and a willingness to play.  I’m more than sure the two lads we’ve brought in will aim to do well at Airdrie and look to go forward at their parent clubs.”

Gasparotto is slotted to make his debut against another Rangers teammate as Airdrie takes on Robbie Crawford’s Morton side on Saturday.

:Crawford:

Chris Jack of The Evening Times interviewed Crawford following Morton’s Petrofac Training Cup loss to Alloa Athletic.

Crawford discussed his first match with his hometown team & how it was his idea to leave Rangers on a loan in order to get first team experience.

“The first game didn’t go as I would have hoped, but I am sure we will bounce back as a team and it will be a successful season for us.  I thought Morton was the right fit for me. I’m a local lad and they are a full-time club, so I will spend all my time here. I want to get to know the boys, help them win games and return a better player.”

“It has been tough to get in the team at Rangers, but this gives me a chance to get some games and more experience.”

“I only thought about going out on loan in the last couple of weeks of the transfer window really.  I discussed it with the gaffer, Ally McCoist, and he agreed with me.”

“The manager does have a big squad, but you never know what can happen.  It is up to us to prove we are good enough when we go out on loan and show him what we can do.  That is what we are planning to do.”

“It is up to us when we are out on loan to show the manager that we are good enough to get in the first team at Rangers.  He has shown he will play the younger boys, so it is up to us to show that we deserve it.”

“It is all about learning.  This is a new experience for me.  I am sure it will benefit me when I go back.”

“Playing week in, week out is better than being in and out of a team.  It is something I am looking forward to.  Hopefully I can have success at Morton.”

http://therangersreport.com/2014/09/11/rangers-loan-report-luca-needs-to-have-more-first-team-time/

:Gasparotto:

Colin Patterson spoke with Airdrie manager Gary Bollan ahead of Gasparotto’s debut with the club.  Airdrie will throw out a brand new center-half pairing as Gasparotto is expected to line up aside Partick Thistle’s Ben Richards-Everton, who also joined the Diamonds on loan.

Bollan will rely on the pairing through January when their loans run out.

Bollan told Patterson, “Luca is a highly-regarded kid and needs to have more first-team game time.”

“We will provide that platform for him.  He is a different sort to Ben.  He likes to get the ball down and is really pacy.”

“Luca likes to head the ball and dominate his area and that’s what you want from your centre-halves.  Both these lads can play and we’re excited by the prospect of them playing together in whatever shape we go with at the back.”

“I think they will be both up for the challenge of League One football and looking to impress their parent clubs.  They will be watched by people from their own clubs.”

“If loan signings don’t show what they can do at a lower level, then there is no realistic chance of them going back and getting games for their parent clubs.”

“So it is vitally important that they show a good attitude and a willingness to play.  I’m more than sure the two lads we’ve brought in will aim to do well at Airdrie and look to go forward at their parent clubs.”

Gasparotto is slotted to make his debut against another Rangers teammate as Airdrie takes on Robbie Crawford’s Morton side on Saturday.

Really hope Luca does well. He done nothing wrong whenever i seen him play for us. IMO could have saved a few grand in wages if they gave him a run in the team. Ally obviously didnt see enough in training.

Saturday 13/9 Championship

Gallagher - Starts Midfield. Hibernian v Cowdenbeath

League 1

Crawford - Starts. Morton v Airdrieonians

Gasparotto - Starts. Morton v Airdrieonians

Stoney - Starts Upfront. Ayr v Stranraer

Walsh - Not in Squad. Dunfermline v Stenhousemuir

League 2

Halkett - Starts CB. E. Stirlingshire v Clyde

HALF TIME.

Morton 0 - 1 Airdrie

Crawford - 2 attempts on goal, 1 on target.

Gasparotto - 1 attempt, header off target.

Ayr 0 - 0 Stranraer

Stoney - Nothing to report. Stranraer have had no shots.

Hibs 1 - 0 Cowdenbeath

Gallagher - Won a freekick.

E. Stirling 0 - 0 Clyde

Halkett - 1 attempt off target.

FULL TIME.

Morton 2 - 1 Airdrie

Ayr 0 - 2 Stranraer

Hibs 3 - 2 Cowdenbeath

E. Stirling 1 - 0 Clyde

Crawford, Morton - Played 90 minutes. Good game for wee Robbie. Scored the second goal for Morton and had 5 attempts on goal from midfield.

Gasparotto, Airdrie - Played 90 minutes. Seemed to have a solid game.

Stoney, Stranraer - Played 90 minutes. Quiet game for Danny but he got an assist for Stranraer's second and will benefit from playing the whole game.

Gallagher, Cowdenbeath - Subbed off 80 mins. Cowdenbeath were under a lot of pressure but seems Calum played well in midfield and got an assist for Cowdenbeath's second.

Halkett, Clyde - Played 90 minutes. Not sure if he played CB or FB but seemed lively and Clyde unlucky to lose a late goal.

Going by Sky Sports app.

Gallagher played 80mins for Cowdenbeath. They lost 3-2 away at Hibs. Says here he played left wing.

Crawford scored for Morton winning 2-1. Also says he play left of midfield. Played full match.

Gasparotto was up against Crawford today with Airdrie playing CB

Stoney won today also 2-0 with Stranraer playing striker

Halkett lost with Clyde 2-0 against East Stirlingshire

Walsh didn't play for Stenny and McKay couldn't play against us for Rovers

Found it then :lol: