Allys Ajax Model Is A Red Light

JamieG54

When Ally came out with this we were all excited about young players playing attacking football entertaining large crowds and showing a completely different Rangers for the future on the park.

What happened?

One really good player- Lewis

One decent player- Aird

Thats it?

Wheres the Ajax model? Good play? Shit hot tactics? Excitement?

We haven't got Ally De Boer anyways. Was he playing as Ajax on Champ Man when he told the papers this? Same game as Tonys Barca across the City.

When Ally came out with this we were all excited about young players playing attacking football entertaining large crowds and showing a completely different Rangers for the future on the park.

What happened?

One really good player- Lewis

One decent player- Aird

Thats it?

Wheres the Ajax model? Good play? Shit hot tactics? Excitement?

We haven't got Ally De Boer anyways.

Have all those youngsters who weren't good enough excelled anywhere else?

How long did the "Ajax model" take Ajax? Just over 2 seasons and all of a sudden they were pumping out £10 million players for fun? They started it back in the 70's ffs.

I said at the time any reforms to our youth structure will take years, if not decades, to see fruition.

Also, has anyone watched Ajax this season? Sold their best player and now regularly struggle. Not won in 4 games. I hope that's not the model you were talking about J...

How long did the "Ajax model" take Ajax? Just over 2 seasons and all of a sudden they were pumping out £10 million players for fun? They started it back in the 70's ffs.

I said at the time any reforms to our youth structure will take years, if not decades, to see fruition.

Also, has anyone watched Ajax this season? Sold their best player and now regularly struggle. Not won in 4 games. I hope that's not the model you were talking about J...

Can you tell me the improvements that have been made?

Ajax play against PSV and Feyenoord, not Hearts and Raith. We regularly struggle without selling anyone, don't see how it could be much worsez

Can you tell me the improvements that haven't been made?

:lol:

Macleod and Aird are the only players who have 'made it'. Yet McCoist stated 'it's the best time to be a youngster at this Club' and even said 'in many ways the future of this Club was in their hands.'

Our development team have only won 3 matches out of 9.

Instead of using the youth in our squad and giving them the experience of playing at Rangers, we've signed ageing or foreign players to take their place in the squad and sent them out on loan meaning they can't gel together as we've come up through the Leagues.

I could mention other things but I'm still waiting on my answer..

Macleod and Aird are the only players who have 'made it'. Yet McCoist stated 'it's the best time to be a youngster at this Club' and even said 'in many ways the future of this Club was in their hands.'

Instead of using the youth in our squad and giving them the experience of playing at Rangers, we've signed ageing or foreign players to take their place in the squad and sent them out on loan meaning they can't gel together as we've come up through the Leagues.

The "Ajax model" is about integrating a system and style from the youth squads, starting at 8,9,10 up through the club. Ajax's model of success is 1 or 2 youth players becoming part of the senior squad each season, after decades of this model.

You're talking about just throwing young players into the team.

I can't tell you what we are/have been doing to achieve this in the future, just the same as you can't tell me what we aren't/haven't been doing. Neither of us know. (tu)

(tu)

You'd think Al would get tired of being wrong.

The "Ajax model" is about integrating a system and style from the youth squads, starting at 8,9,10 up through the club. Ajax's model of success is 1 or 2 youth players becoming part of the senior squad each season, after decades of this model.

You're talking about just throwing young players into the team.

I can't tell you what we are/have been doing to achieve this in the future, just the same as you can't tell me what we aren't/haven't been doing. Neither of us know. (tu)

So you honestly believe McCoist was solely talking about the model of 8 and 9 year olds when he stated the future of our club was in the hands of the likes of Barrie McKay?

You're also wrong, I said squad not team.

But how well do you think that model that you talk about be implemented when our youth our constantly sent out on loan to teams with different styles? Some of them don't even have style at all as they're part time.

So you honestly believe McCoist was solely talking about the model of 8 and 9 year olds when he stated the future of our club was in the hands of the likes of Barrie McKay?

You're also wrong, I said squad not team.

But how well do you think that model that you talk about be implemented when our youth our constantly sent out on loan to teams with different styles? Some of them don't even have style at all as they're part time.

I took it at face value. When he mentioned the Ajax model I looked into it, pretty sure I posted the thread about it on here. It was in McKay's hands the same as it was for Macleod, Aird and Crawford etc. It's up to promising young players to push themselves on.

Ajax regularly loan out a number of players. They have 5 20/21 year olds out on loan this season, like most clubs do. Surely going out on loan and experiencing different styles and coaches is good for young players and will make them more rounded players. Perhaps playing for P/T teams is also good for young players to help keep them grounded.