***The Official Dumbarton vs Rangers Match Thread***

Scottish Championship, Saturday, 3pm kick-off.

Only been allocated 800 tickets for this I heard, it's not on the telly either which is a pain in the fucking arse. Hopefully RTV will have coverage. Play Dumbarton away in the Scottish Cup next week aswell.

Team pretty much picks its self for this one, IMO:

Simonson

Foster

McCulloch

McGregor

Wallace

Aird

Law

Black

MacLeod

Boyd

Miller

Think this will be a comfortable win, similar to the game on Tuesday night against East Fife.

2-0/3-0 Rangers.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking this should be an easy win as well, but I read our trainer saying on the 'official' site that Dumbarton will be a tricky match and that they could give us a game of it. I find it depressing that the Sons could be a problem for us then I think to the fact that they're the only team to have taken points from hertz. Could he be right?

Any win will do for me, Hearts scored 5 against them last time and after seeing highlights it was just down to really poor defending from Dumbarton so we should be able to score a couple but a we need to capitalise here as I'm pretty confident Hearts will either lose or draw in the derby.

After Tuesday I'd start Templeton for Aird.

The way Templeton has performed since coming on v Raith , I'd agree with you.

Might also see Foster dropped - more for the fall out with the fans than anything else.

The way Templeton has performed since coming on v Raith , I'd agree with you.

Might also see Foster dropped - more for the fall out with the fans than anything else.

The problem is, I can't see who he's going to play at RB if he drops Foster. There is no way he will start Faure and Mohsni is still suspended, right? Which means McGregor has to play at CB and not RB.

Looking forward to it now, not been to their ground before and expecting a decent win. 4-0 I'm thinking Boyd to grab at least a couple.

Their grounds hilarious it's like playing in a wind tunnel ,lucky enough to get a ticket,like most people I would have temps in for aird

Any win will do,I'm going for 0-0 same as hearts did

The problem is, I can't see who he's going to play at RB if he drops Foster. There is no way he will start Faure and Mohsni is still suspended, right? Which means McGregor has to play at CB and not RB.

Maybe Peralta ? Not sure to be honest .

It's more to do with the flak Foster will take - his performances have been poor lately , now the last thing he needed was to get involved with the fans.

Yaaaas. We also play football. Let's close the gap tomorrow (technically today to the smart arses) after Stubbs pays back the debt owed to Gabriel Amato for the nutmeg on the right wing.

Happy to keep the same team in the OP.

Also happy to keep Foster. Easily our best RB and just needs games to get match sharp. Interestingly how many assists has he had in our last two games?

What is this football yous speak of?

It is why we have board room battles, which are daily but football only happens at the maximum twice per week unless Celt*c need you to lose so they can win a championship before a non existent trip to China

If we win today I will be amazingly impressed with the players. How anyone is supposed to concentrate with everything going on around the fiasco of a circus that our boardroom is, deserves major praise.

Prepare yourself today to be amazingly impressed.

To be honest it's been a circus for over 3 years now and the players have coped fine. While they will obviously know that something at boardroom level is going on, I don't think it will affect performance on the pitch. I'm sure they'll just concentrate on football as they have always done.

Yaaaas. We also play football. Let's close the gap tomorrow (technically today to the smart arses) after Stubbs pays back the debt owed to Gabriel Amato for the nutmeg on the right wing.

Happy to keep the same team in the OP.

Also happy to keep Foster. Easily our best RB and just needs games to get match sharp. Interestingly how many assists has he had in our last two games?

He should have more with the amount of passes he lumps up the park. waste of a jersey.