Would this current Rangers team beat 2005/06 & 2006/07?

kanjo

Strange question to ask, I know.. But an interesting one I'd say.

I think this current team is better than 05/06 overall. I'd say it would have potential to beat PLG's Team also.

That said it also makes me think just how much it'd take to be consistent and challenge.

Strange question to ask i know but I found it interesting.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they could beat one of the most succesful Rangers sides ever- the 98/99 perfect season team.

There's no way these guys would be fit enough to compete with Ally's team. Playing five up front would open them up to counter attacks. They would also be bamboozled by modern offside laws and their roughhouse tactics would see a lot of them sent off. I predict a 7-0 victory for the current Rangers team.

Nope not a chance in hell, OP your having a laugh!

PLG's team whilst not built for the Scottish game looked to be the most composed and suitable to Europe I've seen in generations, McCoist has built one of the most turgid, utterly depressing styles I've seen in 35 years of watching us.

No contest whatsoever for me!

If the two teams met 4 times a season, the current team wouldn't get a point and would be lucky to get a goal. Plus Boyd and Smith would be very confused.

Could there be a Star Trek type universe collapsing thingy when the two Stevie Smith's injure each other in a fairly tame shoulder charge?

I think this current team is better than 05/06 overall. I'd say it would have potential to beat PLG's Team also.

That said it also makes me think just how much it'd take to be consistent and challenge.

Yes strange question ....

Which side does Boyd play for? Love how you're implying that PLG had a better squad than the side that made the last 16 doh doh doh

Right so you're saying blacks better than ferguson , templeton better than Lovenkrands, bells better than klos ..... Away boil your head son :lol: still drunk ?

01.Allan McGregor

02.Alan Hutton

05.Sasa Papac

19.Karl Svensson

06.Barry Ferguson

07.Brahim Hemdani

08.Jeremy Clement

11.Charlie Adam

14.Libor Sionko

10.Nacho Novo

23.Filip Sebo

Substitutes

01.Stefan Klos

11.Gavin Rae

17.Chris Burke

18.Ian Murray

30.Makhtar N'Diaye

33.Steven Lennon

29.William Stanger

That was our starting line-up in the 2-1 defeat at Inverness (27/12/06), a particularly memorable low point. Starting from the top, I'd certainly swap Novo and Sebo for Miller and Boyd. There's a real lack of attacking options on that bench, too. Clark is far better than Steven Lennon ever was, as is Daly. A couple of other weak links jump out - Sionko, who was rarely better than average, and Svensson in particular. Ferguson and Hemdani were obviously better than anyone we've got now, but Clement and Adam were so poor for us in those days, I could see Law, Black and Macleod getting something from them.

Lord God!

Earth calling moon, earth calling moon .........over.

So this Rangers team would fail to beat what is statistically the worst Rangers top flight team since the 80s?

I am deadly serious when I say we could have beaten that team. What made me think this was our game against Clyde at Ibrox that season, followed by various performances which I remember but try to forget. All my opinion, of course.