Youth players this season.

gersandy

Really hope Tom Walsh gets over his injury problems, he's by far one of our best prospects. I'd also like to see Hardie and maybe Darren Ramsey getting a shot too. Will be far tougher for them to break through compared to the last two years I would imagine this season though.

Any of the above mentioned along with clark and luca.

Would really love them to get a fair crack at making a position their own if they take any chances they get. Play well and play again until form dips, as it should be for every player. It must be a killer playing well but not the chance to build on it.

Could be a big season for a few of them. If they don't make the grade this year, their chances of making it next year are zero.

Gaspa, Murdoch, Gallagher, Walsh, Sinnamon or Ramsey. Out of them all though, I want Mckay to be given more games, he is amazing.

Im not a fan of McKay TBH, hes doesnt have enough about him IMO. Garparotto and Ramsey look like good prospects, i just hope Ally puts faith in some of these youngsters.

Can't say I've seen a lot of our reserves, 19's or 17's but I'd be happy just to see a little more faith in the young lads we've already seen.

Said since day one I'd love to see us nurture McKay in the number 10 role , he has all the attributes for it, and I think ally will completely ruin the kid out on the wing. that's just my opinion though I guess. Gallagher could be an absolute monster for us as well; direct, powerful and seems to have a deal of composure for his age and a good head on his shoulders. Aird has a lot in him as well and could prove to be a useful player for us in years to come.

Of course there's Macleod, not a lot needs said about him tbh, team should be built around him.

But I'd fucking love a good young defender to pop up for us like Wilson did a few years ago. With that said though throwing a young kid in, no matter how talented, in alongside mcculloch or Mohsni could be an absolute disaster for his development, Wilson looked incredible because he had Weir beside him.

McKay is a typical fans favorite,pacy, skillfull but unfortunately lacks a football brain, almost always makes the wrong decision.

We have given plenty of oppertunities to youngsters over the last 2 seasons, in fact it would be rare to have played a game without a recent academy graduate.

In 12/13 Chris Hegarty made 29 apps, Kal Naismith 24, Barry McKay as much as 34, Lewis McLeod 31 Ross Perry 17, 19 apps for Fraser Aird, 30 apps for Kyle Hutton and 10 apps for Kane Hemmings meaning we gave 194 games just to these Academy graduates.

in 13/14 McLeod made 24 apps, Aird made 37, McCausland made 7 apps, Gallagher made 6, Robbie Crawford made 25, whilst (Scott) Gallacher made 6 appearances.

Kyle Hutton also made 13 appearances meaning Rangers gave these players a total of 118 matches.

This means that over 2 seasons we gave academy graduates 312 matches, I begin to wonder whether Ally is right about the players we've developed not being good enough, he's certainly giving them chances.

Im not a fan of McKay TBH, hes doesnt have enough about him IMO. Garparotto and Ramsey look like good prospects, i just hope Ally puts faith in some of these youngsters.

In what way? He isn't talented enough? He is a much better winger than Aird, I think Fraser would be better in a central role.

In what way? He isn't talented enough? He is a much better winger than Aird, I think Fraser would be better in a central role.

Yep, spot on, Aird would be better in a central role. For me, McKay has no vision. For an attacking player he doesnt keep the defender guessing. Far too easy to play against. Hes looked good in a few games against part time opposition.

Yep, spot on, Aird would be better in a central role. For me, McKay has no vision. For an attacking player he doesnt keep the defender guessing. Far too easy to play against. Hes looked good in a few games against part time opposition.

He may not be perfect, but he is young and can improve a lot as time goes on.

I'd like to see more of Gasparotto, Aird and McKay and see MacLeod played centrally. I think they could all stake claims to being Premiership players.

I don't think any of the newer guys will get enough game time this season to break through before another re-build next summer.

I think MacLeod has the potential to be our best player this season if he avoids injuries.

Would like to see more of McKay. He supposedly had a good season on loan to Morton in the Championship last year so will be interesting to see what he can do for us.

Hopefully Gallagher gets a decent amount of game time too.

Would like to see more of Gasparotto and Murdoch but can't see them getting much game time due to the amount of players we have who can play in those positions who will be selected ahead of them.

He may not be perfect, but he is young and can improve a lot as time goes on.

Agree, some of posts on here don't take into account the age / inexperience of our young players. They will not be the finished article at their age, it's potential for the future that's important.

IMO we have a few good prospects with McLeod, McKay, and Aird looking the pick of the bunch. Would be good to see some young defenders come through as well although that is always a difficult ask at Rangers,.

I read an article about Barrie McKay, there coach to be concise, put it like - "Bag's off ability, but thought he was too good for morton" I hope thats due to him being so young and immature, just because he's signed with Rangers doesn't make him gods gift. He should be striving to progress himself in all opportunities given to him not walking around thinking he's the shit and no giving it his all. He's representing us as a club, and frankly it comes off as embarrassing.

I like McKay, but I just hope he has the appropriate mentality and professionalism to play for us because It would be a shame to throw his career away down the drain. I think he could turn into a fantastic player for us given the right leadership and direction.

lol at McKays only looked good against part timers. You realise it's the same part timers that the rest of our players and manager have failed to perform to an acceptable standard against and as such have been scalded by the support, (and rightly so) yeah?

more often than not the kid comes on at right or left mid in a 442, where he has to pick up the ball from deep. Stick him in the hole and build our attacks around him, and in time he'll be the best player we have produced in a long long time...

gallagher needs first team games and do think he will get a chance this season and hopeful barrie makay will shine this season as he has the ability to turn games when were playing bland stuff tbh :pipe: