I remember the days...

I remember the days, I remember the time when being a protestant wasn't a crime. You got lifted for thieving or dealing the hash. Not for playing flutes or singing the sash. When the flag of our country could be so proudly flown. Not tramped in the gutter and treated with scorn. When the songs of our culture were sang so loud and clear. But now we're a culture that's riddled with fear. We can't tell those rebels it's time to go home. The billy boys have gone so has no pope of Rome. We must stand together or we will fall. Like the days of Lord Carson, we must answer the call. So shoulder to shoulder together we must stand. Let's fight for our country our wee promised land! NO SURRENDER!

I remember the days, I remember the time when being a protestant wasn't a crime. You got lifted for thieving or dealing the hash. Not for playing flutes or singing the sash. When the flag of our country could be so proudly flown. Not tramped in the gutter and treated with scorn. When the songs of our culture were sang so loud and clear. But now we're a culture that's riddled with fear. We can't tell those rebels it's time to go home. The billy boys have gone so has no pope of Rome. We must stand together or we will fall. Like the days of Lord Carson, we must answer the call. So shoulder to shoulder together we must stand. Let's fight for our country our wee promised land! NO SURRENDER!

Good post. (tu)

Was getting a wee bit sleepy, but after reading your heartfelt poem and the no surrender at the end, I am now singing the full version of Derry's Walls......... All together now.......

:7325:

Makes me sick when I think of all that has been taken from us in recent years!

Brilliant

Ah sorry but being a Protestant isn't a crime. Is anyone stopping you from going to church every Sunday. ..No.

I go every Sunday and you know what. ..hardly anybody goes anymore. Our churches are closing. Turned Iinto bars, flats, shops...

All these apparent protestants I hear about in here. I tell you what. .. get to church and help stop the decline in our community or maybe stop using the word Protestant and claim you are being chastised for being one and just say "orange man". Which also no one is stopping you being.

Also...Bears Den.

Ah sorry but being a Protestant isn't a crime. Is anyone stopping you from going to church every Sunday. ..No.

I go every Sunday and you know what. ..hardly anybody goes anymore. Our churches are closing. Turned Iinto bars, flats, shops...

All these apparent protestants I hear about in here. I tell you what. .. get to church and help stop the decline in our community or maybe stop using the word Protestant and claim you are being chastised for being one and just say "orange man". Which also no one is stopping you being.

Also...Bears Den.

People are free to practise their Protestant religion in this country but I think the OP is quite right to point out that the Unionist culture/tradition has been under attack for years and it's enemies wont be happy until it is wiped out completely.

People are free to practise their Protestant religion in this country but I think the OP is quite right to point out that the Unionist culture/tradition has been under attack for years and it's enemies wont be happy until it is wiped out completely.

The OP and many many many others need to stop using the term Protestant when talking about unionist/loyalsts because it is so very wrong.and sticks in the craw of plenty of the church going community.

Also...Bears Den.

There's always one who just likes a good moan. :lol:

Alcohol can be conducive to having a good time...

Or can cause lasting paranoia... Just depends on your own psychological make-up at any given time in your life.

What did you do when the Rangers choir was in full voice scaring the shit out of the opposition? Shake your head and tut tut?

Brilliant (tu)

Lovely words and sentiments,It's just a pity we gave them up with a wimper to this generations shame.

Well I don't need to sing FTP, or even comment on the vicar of Rome or his followers to prove my affiliation of unionist loyalist groups. What I have no affiliation with is the para-military groups that battled the IRA for control of drugs and prostitution in Belfast from the mid 70's. If you go back and check your orange order governance it expressly forbids making comments about said vicar. I will belt our the Sash, Derry's Walls, The Cry, Ordered to stand, Follow Follow and even Simply the Best BUT all with the original words. And I wonder if even half of those that scream for those songs to be sung even know the original words. or what a 2 1/2 man is.

A post that will resonate with the traditional support but will be scorned by the PC handwringing brigade that has infiltrated our support. Therein lies our biggest long term problem.

that's wonderful, well done

Well I don't need to sing FTP, or even comment on the vicar of Rome or his followers to prove my affiliation of unionist loyalist groups. What I have no affiliation with is the para-military groups that battled the IRA for control of drugs and prostitution in Belfast from the mid 70's. If you go back and check your orange order governance it expressly forbids making comments about said vicar. I will belt our the Sash, Derry's Walls, The Cry, Ordered to stand, Follow Follow and even Simply the Best BUT all with the original words. And I wonder if even half of those that scream for those songs to be sung even know the original words. or what a 2 1/2 man is.

Is it an American comedy show with Charlie Sheen