The Difference in our Style of Play Yesterday

Young Conqueror

Like so many I've been pretty upset with our style of play at times and thought that it would improve as we went up the leagues and brought in better players. There has been some games this season that I've thought were worse than some of them torturous ones I watched us play the previous 2 seasons. The sight of our defenders constantly lumping it up the park has had me in fking tears.

So one of the things that struck me yesterday was the amount of times a player (especially midfield) looked to find a slip pass or defence splitting pass instead of the backword pass and the usual lump up the park. I have no doubt we set our stall out yesterday to keep the ball on the deck. This style of play suits Boyd and Miller and like another post said it lead to 26 shots yesterday and 6 goals. For me Miller brings a little bit of intelligence to our play and It seems we are so much better with Lewis McLeod in the team and look forward to seeing him in the centre of our midfield one day. There are still things that frustrate the life out of me like Foster in the 1st half (pretty decent) and Foster in the 2nd half (honest to fuck!!!) but hey ho it's a working progress. There is some light at the end of the tunnel and I just hope we can build on yesterdays performance :21: :21: :21:

Like so many I've been pretty upset with our style of play at times and thought that it would improve as we went up the leagues and brought in better players. There has been some games this season that I've thought were worse than some of them torturous ones I watched us play the previous 2 seasons. The sight of our defenders constantly lumping it up the park has had me in fking tears.

So one of the things that struck me yesterday was the amount of times a player (especially midfield) looked to find a slip pass or defence splitting pass instead of the backword pass and the usual lump up the park. I have no doubt we set our stall out yesterday to keep the ball on the deck. This style of play suits Boyd and Miller and like another post said it lead to 26 shots yesterday and 6 goals. For me Miller brings a little bit of intelligence to our play and It seems we are so much better with Lewis McLeod in the team and look forward to seeing him in the centre of our midfield one day. There are still things that frustrate the life out of me like Foster in the 1st half (pretty decent) and Foster in the 2nd half (honest to fuck!!!) but hey ho it's a working progress. There is some light at the end of the tunnel and I just hope we can build on yesterdays performance :21: :21: :21:

Hang your head in shame! Far too positive! The doomdayers on here will try destroy you :lol:

We have the ability to play the ball around patiently looking for a way through, yesterday wasn't the first time. The issue is we don't consistently play that way.

For a number of reasons we do resort to a more direct game.

Imo. The players get nervous if we aren't dominating like we demand and expect them to, so they get desperate and just want the ball up the park asap.

The manager should try and stamp that out if it's not the plan on the day. The players still appear well short of the confidence, to back their ability, expected from a Rangers player.

Think it's over looked as to just how good a team goal Nicky laws goal was

Not a surprise that it came from urgency/quick thinking. We should see more of that as a lot of our players have it in their locker to play lovely deft touches.

But usually we're flat and slow which infuriates everyone.

I didn't feel we played that well yesterday, to be honest. It reminded me a bit of the 5-1 Arbroath game last season where we were atrocious but the scoreline really flattered us.

yesterday was like night and day from the Arbroath game. Our overall performance yesterday was the best we have had in 3 years and if you couldn't see that then I am very surprised.

Kenny Miller makes the difference,its that simple.

His drive and energy plus experience is key,hope he stays injury free....

This

Without a shadow off doubt, the way he coached other players around him was good to see. He gave Aird a hard time when he took too many touches instead of playing it first time to Boyd at one attack and looked every bit the engine to a very good win. A true pro.

Credit where its due, we played better yesterday, hopefully we can keep it up. That said, I still dont think Allys the man for the job and I dont think people should get too excited about yesterday, too many times have we thought "maybe this is the start of something better" only to watch shite the next week.