Celtic Tax Case update

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I looking at?

They are tax avoidance schemes where you pay some money, and get a reduction in your tax bill that is higher than the money you paid in. They tend to get challenged by HMRC and usually they don't work.

The only thing I would point out is that it is individuals who happened to work at Celtic who joined the scheme, not Celtic FC itself, and any tax liability would be charged to the individuals.

Great find. Sounds exactly like the kind of "one-off" payment Billy Dodds admitted to receiving, and if he's one of the people being used as an example of EBTs at Rangers, then Celtic definitely have questions to answer.

Excellent. You should send this stuff on to a few friendly journalists. I probably wouldn't bother with Daly.

The Daily Mail reported on it in February 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250861/Stars-face-massive-payback-demands-HMRC-probes-2bn-film-tax-loophole.html

There were a lot more interesting people on that scheme than Martin O'Neil and his friends.

Someone has to push this info the right direction and in the correct manner

I'm so sick of the manky bastards making out they are whiter than white

When we all know they slippery cunts

Great find. Sounds exactly like the kind of "one-off" payment Billy Dodds admitted to receiving, and if he's one of the people being used as an example of EBTs at Rangers, then Celtic definitely have questions to answer.

It's a different sort of scheme altogether.

Martin O'Neil would invest some of his wages in this film partnership, eg £50,000. Through some creative accounting, he gets to put on his tax return that he actually invested £500,000. He would claim 40% tax relief on that, and get a tax refund of £200,000. Out of that £50,000, £45,000 goes in fees to the fund manager, and £5,000 goes to the fund manager's daughter to record a youtube quality "film" on her Blackberry.