Scotland v England

Guess where....

Scotland will host England in a friendly at Celtic Park on 18 November.

The match comes four days after the Euro 2016 qualifier against the Republic of Ireland at the same venue.

England hosted and beat Scotland 3-2 in August 2013 as part of the Football Association's 150th anniversary celebrations.

The contract for last year's game included a rematch option and there are no plans for the oldest international fixture to return on an annual basis.

There were around 20,000 Scottish fans in a crowd of 80,435 at Wembley for what was the first meeting of the two sides since 1999

"We have enjoyed an encouraging build-up to our Euro 2016 qualifying campaign and I am sure the players, the coaching staff and the fans will love the chance to go head-to-head with our oldest rivals again," said Scotland manager Gordon Strachan.

"Like our supporters, I was really heartened by the performance against England at Wembley and believe we had a great opportunity to record a win we could all have talked about for years.

"Now, we have that chance again and I am sure the players and the fans will be even more determined to take it.

"The atmosphere at Wembley was incredible and I am sure with Celtic Park filled with Scotland supporters, it is a game the whole country will look forward to."

The first of 111 meetings between the rivals was a goalless draw played in 1872 at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow, with England enjoying 46 wins to Scotland's 41.

With Hampden Park in need of refitting after hosting the athletics for the Commonwealth Games, Scotland's first home game in the Euro 2016 campaign, against Georgia, will be played at Ibrox on 11 October.

Hampden will be back in use for the national side by the time Gibraltar visit next March.

Scotland open against Germany in Dortmund on 7 September and Strachan is full of admiration for the World Cup winners.

"Having watched the World Cup in Brazil as an analyst, I have seen first-hand how good a side Germany really are," he said. "I am sure the players and fans will all be looking forward to the challenge of a team who deserve their crown as the best team in the world."

It's the biggest stadium they can choose while the shitehole that is Hampden can't be used. They were always going to play it there.

If they had chosen Ibrox the same people would still be offended that we let them play there :lol:

Have great memories of supporting Scotland, Wembley, Liverpool against Wales, when we beat Czechoslovakia in front of 120 thousand. I'm old enough to remember when 80% of the Scotland support was from our club, however, from now on Its a no for me,

Even if the game was played at Ibrox and I got in for free I still wouldn't go. Sad indictment of our times, but for me being in a crowd were the majority of the crowd tried to kill our club is a step to far, wont be supporting England though!

I heard about this today on Talk Sport News and I cant help thinking that this is the event and the day that will kill Salmonds Schotland dead.

So close to a fuckin hammering in the indy poll, the nats will embarrass themselves like never before, and the racism, sectarianism and vitriol they will pour out before the watching world will be irreparable.

I hope the English leave the Rhat infested shitehole in rubble.

Have great memories of supporting Scotland, Wembley, Liverpool against Wales, when we beat Czechoslovakia in front of 120 thousand. I'm old enough to remember when 80% of the Scotland support was from our club, however, from now on Its a no for me,

Even if the game was played at Ibrox and I got in for free I still wouldn't go. Sad indictment of our times, but for me being in a crowd were the majority of the crowd tried to kill our club is a step to far, wont be supporting England though!

Sadly, that was a different Scotland mate. But one day we will have it back. (tu)

I heard about this today on Talk Sport News and I cant help thinking that this is the event and the day that will kill Salmonds Schotland dead.

So close to a fuckin hammering in the indy poll, the nats will embarrass themselves like never before, and the racism, sectarianism and vitriol they will pour out before the watching world will be irreparable.

I hope the English leave the Rhat infested shitehole in rubble.

Just so you know, November comes after September (and October), ya diddy! :lol:

Any Bear who goes in the Scotland end for to this needs to have a good look at themselves

Anyone who goes to that dump, mate... Anyone.

Personally, I would say that Scottish Bears who go into the England end are oddballs and will be laughed out of town by the English fans.

And quite rightly so.

Its not the SFA I will be supporting it will be the players past and present that represent my club and country, nobody needs tell me how badly we were treated by the SFA but I wont have these fuckers telling me who i will and wont be supporting, I am Scottish and proud of it, I am also delighted to be part of Brittain. (tu)

When they corrupt bastards are well gone, me and my generations to come will still be supporting Scotland, I also want any Scottish Rangers Internationals to know that there is people in the crowd backing them, just the way I am. Ranger, Scottish, Brittish and proud of it :thumbup: