Sheep shaggers get their £14million debt cleared

soulboy

They're not debt free. All they have done is reshuffle their balance sheet by moving the debt liability to share capital so now they owe the money to the shareholders instead of an individual.

When Ashley does the same with his loans being converted to shares I await with interest the DR headline stating Rangers are now debt free. Naw don't think so, it'll probably be a hatchet job on Ashley.

And you don't seem to be seeing anything about bank debt either. I would be very surprised if a club had over £14m in debt and none of it was owed to bank. Perhaps I'm wrong, but haven't we seen similar stories being spun regarding another two SPL clubs over the last two years only to find out that the banks had either converted debt into a shareholding or wiped the sums owed?

Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd...both clubs shifted their debt to fans of the particular club, they basically paid off the bank debt so the clubs owe them the money now although I think neother club now has to pay any interest now on their debt and its over a far longer period than they had with the banks.

Also, I think the banks took a big hit in what was owed to secure the millions they did recieve in one go as well, its good business all round to be fair, any club in the World would be stupid not to convert that into a good news story, particularly ones who have been living close to the edge and in Kilmarnock's case, over the edge