celtc park hosting these big games

weedurranty

Im sorry but in light of the debacle on Remembrance weekend with them not wearing a poppy, its just not right that that shower of disrespectful B's get to host 2 Scotland games in a row on the heels of this. Anyone else feel this is just such a slap in the face? In Canada here, we have had a real uptick in National pride as a result of the soldier being killed guarding the National War memorial in Ottawa. It just makes my blood boil that this gets swept under the rug. sorry...rant over

I cant link it but on bbc text page 3905 today there was a statement from stewart regan regarding a minutes applause for the fan who died. regan said "it is entirely appropriate that Scotland fans can remember one of there own at celtic park".

I cant link it but on bbc text page 3905 today there was a statement from stewart regan regarding a minutes applause for the fan who died. regan said "it is entirely appropriate that Scotland fans can remember one of there own at celtic park".

not f'n likely

ok but is this not wearing a poppy thing not getting major traction in the press in Scotland? I know they never have but this year seems to be worse. 100th anniv of end of ww1 etc.

Nothing new. The only surprise at the match was that James Forrest kept his shorts on. Roddy Forsyth made a comment in the Telegraph about the minute silence. look at all the comments below the line. Nearly all comments from papes talking shite about Rangers. Newspapers have had to close their comment sections because of these pricks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/11219631/Celtic-fans-disruption-of-minutes-silence-for-Remembrance-Sunday-overshadows-victory-over-Aberdeen.html

Hampden atmosphere is shit after the refurbishment - that was a disaster. I knew that from the first game there.

Ibrox and Parkhead would be better choices for Scotland games that we need to win.

And I was wrong about Parkhead before (although I stand by my comments before the match) and Gordon Strachan was correct....

The atmosphere was brilliant. Politics aside, I would be happy to see Scotland play in the stadium with the best atmosphere and the stadium that can intimidate the opposition.

Strachan is the best Scotland manager since fuck knows when.

As for the poppy-fascism.

Give it a rest, for fuck sake.

Are we going to have this whataboutery all the way up to Christmas where you will all be told that Baby Jesus was born and there was Peace on Earth?

Get smart.

Is it too much to ask for a little respect? Even only for one minute?

Is it too much to ask for a little respect? Even only for one minute?

It's not respect if you're forced to do it, though. If a person doesn't want to wear one they shouldn't have to.

If you, or I, want to see them as a bit of a cunt, then that's up to you or I.

It's not respect if you're forced to do it, though. If a person doesn't want to wear one they shouldn't have to.

If you, or I, want to see them as a bit of a cunt, then that's up to you or I.

I am not forcing or demanding anything of them. My point is that they are unable to show a bit of decency, for a very short period of time, whilst other individuals are havIng that quiet moment to remember sacrifices that other people made.

This "it is their right/freedom to choose" should not give them the free reign to behave like "cunts" and thus make it acceptable.

I am not forcing or demanding anything of them. My point is that they are unable to show a bit of decency, for a very short period of time, whilst other individuals are havIng that quiet moment to remember sacrifices that other people made.

This "it is their right/freedom to choose" should not give them the free reign to behave like "cunts" and thus make it acceptable.

I agree with that. My point relates to poppy-fascism alone. I do think you should be free to be a cunt, just not in a disruptive, disorderly, kind of way like interrupting a service.

As for the poppy-fascism.

Give it a rest, for fuck sake.

Are we going to have this whataboutery all the way up to Christmas where you will all be told that Baby Jesus was born and there was Peace on Earth?

Get smart.

you are an idiot. sorry, but that is just a totally unacceptable and ridiculous point of view. If theyt can't sit there and be respectful for 60 seconds while everyone else in the country does, it is THEIR issue, not ours. So don't make it out like it is everyone else's problem. Maybe they should go and live in a country that doesn't enjoy the freedoms that these pricks take for granted and we'd see how quickiy they come running back. F'n steemed now

you are an idiot. sorry, but that is just a totally unacceptable and ridiculous point of view. If theyt can't sit there and be respectful for 60 seconds while everyone else in the country does, it is THEIR issue, not ours. So don't make it out like it is everyone else's problem. Maybe they should go and live in a country that doesn't enjoy the freedoms that these pricks take for granted and we'd see how quickiy they come running back. F'n steemed now

Don't pay any attention to him.