The Legia situation v the Bhins has happened before!

A Mate of mine brought up a very valid point,one which I had forgotten about.

Back in season 92/93 Leeds played Stuttgart in a Champions League Qualifier. The games finished 3-0 to Stuttgart in first leg and 4-1 to Leeds in the second leg which meant Stuttgart went through on the away goals rule.

It was discovered that Stuttgart played a foreigner more than permitted ( In those days there was a rule against it) he came on as a substitute.

The tie was then awarded to Leeds 3-0

Leeds were allowed to play them in a one off match at the Nou Camp which Leeds won 2-1 effectively putting Stuttgart out.

As we know it was short lived as we Pumped Leeds home and away in the next round before WE were cheated by Marseille.

When they were found guilty of bribery with referees, which affected Rangers having the chance to meet AC Milan in the Final

I don't recall any replay or phantom 3-0 victory being awarded to us then!

Doesn't matter now. Worked out better this way got put through and pumped out again. Now the laughing stock of European football.

totally agree,nights like Tuesday make it all worthwhile ,we get a laugh and their delusional"everyone loves us pish goes right out the window

Think you have misunderstood what happened. The 3-0 win that was awarded to Leeds tied the game at 3-3 on aggregate. That is why they had to play a one off game to determine the winner. This is exactly the same punishment handed to Legia, only difference being Celtic had the away goal in their favour.

Think you have misunderstood what happened. The 3-0 win that was awarded to Leeds tied the game at 3-3 on aggregate. That is why they had to play a one off game to determine the winner. This is exactly the same punishment handed to Legia, only difference being Celtic had the away goal in their favour.

Ah right I see what has happened now….if the Bhins had been beaten 3-0 in Warsaw the game would have been played as a one off.

My point re us not getting awarded a 3-0 against Marseille would have meant we played in the Final

Ah right I see what has happened now….if the Bhins had been beaten 3-0 in Warsaw the game would have been played as a one off.

My point re us not getting awarded a 3-0 against Marseille would have meant we played in the Final

Were Marseille found guilty of bribery in Europe? I thought it was a domestic investigation and they lost their league title but their CL win still stands. We can obviously make assumptions about what they did in Europe that year but I don't think it was ever officially investigated

Were Marseille found guilty of bribery in Europe? I thought it was a domestic investigation and they lost their league title but their CL win still stands. We can obviously make assumptions about what they did in Europe that year but I don't think it was ever officially investigated

Tbh I think the Marseilles issue is that they bought the league title to qualify for the year they won it.