Things you hate most about deadline day

G.E.C.

The whole thing is hyped up to be something it's not, let's be honest. Each passing one grabs my attention less and less.

Jim White's overexcited love for it is about the only thing that really gets me watching and they ruined that by putting him next to Neil fucking Lennon.

To be honest I hate transfer deadline day, it's everything wrong with modern football.

A bunch of jumped up reporters giving us minute by minute coverage of desperate mid-table clubs splashing millions on players more famous for making transfer deadline switches than actually playing.

Fans acting like they've been relegated because they haven't signed anyone. Newcastle, West Ham and, up until Welbeck, Arsenal were the worst offenders yesterday.

Teenagers with nothing better to do than hang around the stadium, not because they're interested in their latest signing, but to do something completely ridiculous to wrack up as many retweets and Facebook likes as possible.

Finally, because Sky market this as the biggest day of the footballing year. Not the CL Final, not the WC Final, just a bunch of desperate clubs signing average players at over inflated prices because their rivals that actually thought things out had all their dealings done and dusted before the start of the season.

Sorry about that. It's pretty miserable reading.

To be honest I hate transfer deadline day, it's everything wrong with modern football.

A bunch of jumped up reporters giving us minute by minute coverage of desperate mid-table clubs splashing millions on players more famous for making transfer deadline switches than actually playing.

Fans acting like they've been relegated because they haven't signed anyone. Newcastle, West Ham and, up until Welbeck, Arsenal were the worst offenders yesterday.

Teenagers with nothing better to do than hang around the stadium, not because they're interested in their latest signing, but to do something completely ridiculous to wrack up as many retweets and Facebook likes as possible.

Finally, because Sky market this as the biggest day of the footballing year. Not the CL Final, not the WC Final, just a bunch of desperate clubs signing average players at over inflated prices because their rivals that actually thought things out had all their dealings done and dusted before the start of the season.

That's all true but I still find it quite entertaining :lol:

It's shite because we aint been really involved in years.

I remember I was glued to it years ago and going mental when Barry came back…

Now I get my kicks from Wenger's deals.

I remember buying papers during the summer months nearly every day in the hope of seeing us linked with players

That's all true but I still find it quite entertaining :lol:

This was the first one I've watched in years, purely because I was petrified about losing Macleod and Wallace. It's pretty much like the entire Sky Sports format, what was so fresh and exciting in 2007/2008 has just become over exaggerated and stale to the point its become a bit of a parody of it's former glory.

ok.gif