Mike McCurry to sell his house

NOLUWDC

TOP referee Mike McCurry is rumoured to be fleeing Barrhead after claims he is being taunted by football fans.

McCurry, 43, has put his plush home on the market after allegedly being subjected to a string of vile abuse.

McCurry (left) who has lived in the town with his wife Linda for 20 years has told the media in the past that his windows have been smashed and dead rats posted through his letterbox.

At the time he said: “I suppose it is just part of the job and fans can get very angry.”

But now it seems that McCurry who stays on Commercial Road has had enough and plans to move out of Barrhead for good.

One source told the News: “I heard last week that he is selling up because he is not popular with certain people in the town.

“I know that his windows have been smashed on a few occasions and he’s had quite a tough time over the years.”

McCurry who is a Baptist Associate Pastor at Mosspark Baptist Church in Glasgow has attracted controversy after his alleged affair with a 22-year-old Sunday School teacher was exposed.

And the controversial referee was also allegedly filmed singing Rangers favourite ‘Simply the Best’ at one of his church sermons. But McCurry claimed that he sang the song in praise of God doing his best for his congregation.

One local added: “It seems that there are a few people determined to cause trouble and no-one wants that.

“I haven’t seen him for a while but with all this going on I suppose he will be keeping to himself.”

McCurry has become a controversial figure in Scottish football, having been criticised on a number of occasions for his handling of matches involving Rangers, most notably a match against Dundee United on May 10 2008.

McCurry later admitted that he had made several mistakes in the match.

He also considers his refereeing to be a hobby and lists his main occupation as “Minister of Christian Faith”.

The Barrhead News tried to contact Mr McCurry but he was unavailable for comment.

http://www.barrheadnews.com/articles/1/29246

So who do you think it was that keeps smashing his windows ? :rolleyes::pipe:

This being the same Mike McCurry who didn't see nakaredmotors blatant dive and missed a clear hand ball for them.

Same old story, when its that lot involved they don't mention it when its believed to be one of use doing it then its the old Rangers thug tag line thats thrown out

Guest Andypendek

He'll be fukn lucky to sell his house coz (a) the market is dead and (b) Borrheid? Pfffffffffffpttt!!!!!!!! Makes Johnstone look nice.

I wonder if the mhedia will report this as sectarian abuse ... thought not <_<

I think you're all being purposely dim tbh. The article clearly infers that the source of these atacks are disgruntled Christians who are upset that he had an affair with a 22 yr old sunday school teacher. :craphead:

Come to think of it - so am i the jammy bassa :willy:

I think you're all being purposely dim tbh. The article clearly infers that the source of these atacks are disgruntled Christians who are upset that he had an affair with a 22 yr old sunday school teacher. :craphead:

I think you're all being purposely dim tbh.

(tu)

I think you're all being purposely dim tbh.

(tu)

Jog on.

The fact they are now in receipt of £1400 per SPL game will soften the blow of him having to move.

Mibbe, just mibbe that has something to do with the McCurry's wanting to move/upgrade home.