I'll say this on Scotland and qualifying for WC 2010...

Boab

George Burley got a lot of stick at the start of September, and I'll say this:

We'll qualify for South Africa under George and I'm very pleased to have a positive manager who wants the ball on the deck and wants to play attacking football.

I have every confidence the Manager and we'll be in Africa through qualifying and not cause of a friendly tournament like in Korea (tu)

We'll qualify for South Africa under George and I'm very pleased to have a positive manager who wants the ball on the deck and wants to play attacking football.

I have every confidence the Manager and we'll be in Africa through qualifying and not cause of a friendly tournament like in Korea (tu)

He wasn't very positive against Macedonia :P

What happens with qualifying through second place, there is no play offs is there?

I think we go straight through if we finish there as our group is a 5 team group?

What happens with qualifying through second place, there is no play offs is there?

The best 8 runners up will go into the play offs. Since we are in a 5 team group, results against 6th seeds in the other groups won't count when seeing who the best 8 are.

QUALIFICATION DETAILS

The nine European group winners qualify automatically for the finals. The eight best runners-up go into four play-off matches with the winner of each two-legged tie also reaching South Africa.

BBC

The best 8 runners up will go into the play offs. Since we are in a 5 team group, results against 6th seeds in the other groups won't count when seeing who the best 8 are.

I see (tu)

We'll still qualify though btw!

Realistically we are looking at finishing behind Holland and taking our chances in a one off game against another top side.

I cant say I fancy us to do that, hope im wrong though.

Yes, exactly. With the players we have, we're well suited to keeping it on the deck and playing attacking football against the likes of Holland. Scotland are only good at scraping results.

Not only, played some great football at home against the Netherlands under Barmy Berti and we played our best football of the campaign at home vs the Ukraine IMO...we were that bad we had a screamer from Lee McCulloch! :harhar:

I don't expect us to be more expansive than the width of Dawn French while in Holland but I think we'll be more attractive but more regular during this campaign and do well with it.

Imagine finishing 2nd and not getting into the playoff :anguish:

9 groups, 8 go into the play offs :lol: How gutted would you be?

Not as gutted as coming home from work to hear flower of scotland playing and heading up stairs to see Boab slamming your wife.

But still gutting all the same :anguish:

We dont, the first team goes through and thats it

Thats what I believe anyway

Did you read the rest of the thread? :harhar:

Aye but I confused myself :P

Aye but I confused myself :P

You look in the mirror and get confused wondering who it is. :P

Can just see us getting to the play offs, and being drawn against England. :D

(tu) was going to post something similar. I also think the last game of the group between us and Holland at Hampden could determine who finishes top. :)

(tu) was going to post something similar. I also think the last game of the group between us and Holland at Hampden could determine who finishes top. :)

As long as it doesn't end like the tally game :anguish: :angry2:

I don't like George Burley. He looks like he's constantly in a job interview - trying to impress everyone all the time.

He also hasn't a clue about managing Scotland.

As long as it doesn't end like the tally game :anguish: :angry2:

Difference is the Dutch aren't cheats :pipe:

Burley is a spud of a man.

His continual bleating about the 'hot weather' in Macedonia gave the players a pre-made excuse for a shitty performance. He pedalled that shite all week, but kept following it with: "Oh, but it's certainly not an excuse."

Then we get humped, and surprise surprise, guess what the players blamed it on!